FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation failing (from SVN checkout)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation failing (from SVN checkout) [message #184979] Sat, 22 February 2014 07:58 Go to next message
peter.kehl is currently offline  peter.kehl
Hi,

I've checked out rev. 5765 of trunk. I've followed http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Installation > 'Create your own install script:'. I get install-final.php with a size of about 3MB. What am I supposed to do then? The instructions don't mention install-final.php anywhere else on that page.

I've tried to open it in a browser, and it killed my Firefox (it didn't kill Apache). When I run it in shell, I get:
/usr/bin/php install-final.php

FATAL ERROR!
The install script requires a "fudforum_archive" file to run. Please download it and retry again.

I don't see fudforum_archive at sourceforge.net/projects/fudforum/files/. But anyway, I would expect everything to be buildable from sources.
Re: Installation failing (from SVN checkout) [message #184982 is a reply to message #184979] Sat, 22 February 2014 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
The documentation is slightly dated. Will update it later today.

If you download FUDcorum from sourceforge.net, you'll find "install.php" and "fudforum_archive" in the zip file. You need both to install FUDforum.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2014 09:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re : Re: Installation failing (from SVN checkout) [message #184986 is a reply to message #184982] Sat, 22 February 2014 12:28 Go to previous message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
And you need to transfer to your host in binary mode only Smile

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Drupal fudforum module
Next Topic: Problem importing data before upgrading the forum (2.7.6->)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 10:30:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02941 seconds