FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » mailing list setup partially working...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
mailing list setup partially working... [message #185986] Thu, 22 May 2014 02:51 Go to next message
dale is currently offline  dale
Aloha all, and thanks for taking the time to look. I've spent the last two days googling and searching the forum, gone through the ML wiki, and though I have learned a lot, still haven't found the answer re:

what exactly is needed to set up the wonderful mailing list with forum setup. (I'll post all settings if anyone likes, and sync ML with forum is ON).

Here's what currently works and doesn't:

ok - forum posts work fine in forums
ok - forum posts show up in the mailing list's main email mailbox
ok - forum users can email other users from their profile
ok - users can mail the mailing list mailbox through normal email of course

no subscribed user emails show up in forum
no forum posts are emailed to subscribed user

I suspect it's either the cron job running maillist.php, or my settings. Manually running the script from either the command line or Job Administration System, I get the following error:

Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader - it was built with configuration API220090626,NTS, whereas running engine is API220100525,NTS
Zend Guard Loader requires Zend Engine API version 220090626.
The Zend Engine API version 220100525 which is installed, is newer.
Contact Zend Technologies at www(dot)zend(dot)com/ for a later version of Zend Guard Loader.

Fatal error: Directive 'allow_call_time_pass_reference' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0

I suspect this is something I need to see my hosting service (hostgator) about, but I'd like a bit more of an idea about what's going on first. Or maybe I'm not really setting things up right?

Mahalo for your time and patience.

dale

Re: mailing list setup partially working... [message #185992 is a reply to message #185986] Sun, 25 May 2014 23:11 Go to previous message
dale is currently offline  dale
problem was that I was on a "shared server" in a chroot jail, BUT all I needed was to know where the php executables were linked to on my account. This was at Hostgator, and the path is simply /opt/php54/ instead of /usr/local/bin/. now automatic mail import / export is working fine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: File Attachment
Next Topic: Listserv Use/Setup
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 17:52:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02778 seconds