FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Suppress rejection emails ? (Need to suppress emails sent on rejection of registrations)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Suppress rejection emails ? [message #186348] Fri, 04 July 2014 19:42
Matt Samudio is currently offline  Matt Samudio   United States

Hi,

I have the "New Account Moderation" option set, which works fine and is the way I want things.

There are a TON of spammers trying to register so that they can get in and post their crap. Captcha stops most of them, but over time there are quite a few that actually manually register and confirm (or else their bots have exceptionally good captcha defeating capabilities). I switched to using recaptcha, and it cut down on these quite a bit, but there's still more than I would like to see - and enough that I worry about all the rejection emails being sent when I delete them.

I would like the software to not send a rejection email to all these spammers (or whatever email address they're using to register with), and I haven't been able to find an option/setting to accomplish that. I'm certainly capable of finding the code that does it, and hacking it for the suppression of email I want, but I'd prefer to do it in a way friendly to the software author's intent, if possible.

Can anyone advise me ?
Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Control Panel Access
Next Topic: adding Google analytics
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:59:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01623 seconds