FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Export only users and postings? (To import into a clean installation)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Export only users and postings? [message #186384] Thu, 10 July 2014 22:50 Go to next message
pyroxid is currently offline  pyroxid
I am still experiencing more or less severe difficulties with our 7 year old and non-stop running installation of FUDforum. I am pretty sure something, somewhere went wrong when migrating from 2.7.7 to 3.0.0 (we are on 3.0.5 now). I would love to make a clean reinstallation of 3.0.5 and just import only the users, recreate the forum categories and then import the topics and their respective postings.

Is there any good and reliable way to export the postings to XML or something alike? Then getting the stuff back in with the migration assistant should not be too hard. I do not care too much about the time or space this would take. I just need to save all the users and their topics (postings). I love using FUDforum, but with some problems, I am just not getting forward, and they do not appear in fresh test installations. So if anybody can shove me in the right direction how to transfer the messages and users and only that to a new installation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hendrik
Re: Export only users and postings? [message #186461 is a reply to message #186384] Sat, 09 August 2014 19:14 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
That would be a mission! Rather upgrade to FUDforum 3.0.6RC2 and report any issues you may have so they can be addressed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New bot registrations getting past botscout
Next Topic: Where are the user profile fields stored?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:24:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02078 seconds