FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » FUD_CI Development status (The new generation of FUDforum, why it was born and it's development status)
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message by NeXuS is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by NeXuS]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to next message
Re : Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186762 is a reply to message #186761] Mon, 23 February 2015 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheDude is currently offline  TheDude
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Hi,
Very interesting video ! It's funny because I have been so fed up with FUDforum's interface and clunkiness and intentions that will never end up in a true revamp of the software, that I had decided to try to hire someone to convert my forum to SMF.
I don't have any knowledge in coding but perhaps I can help in user feedback. If I haven't found anyone to convert before.
Good luck on a brave attempt to give new life to a dying script

Message by NeXuS is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by NeXuS]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re : Re: Re : Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186764 is a reply to message #186763] Mon, 23 February 2015 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Well, I'm a user on a number of other forums which have different scripts, like Xenforo, Woltlab BB, or even SMF.
What I like on FUDforum is the horizontal view on the messages template, but I think many things are clunky.
For instance when you click on a forum where there are unread messages, if you click once, the bulb won't stay lit even if there are other unread messages.
Then the theming is horrible. You CAN'T have a modern interface.
Likes are a joke, you can like a topic, but not a message.
The karma system is never used by my members because it's not seen by them.
The new messages are not clearly available, just "messages of the day" link.
The fonts are horrible, too.
The theme is not responsive, people with smartphones and tablets complain they can't access the forum comfortably.
Well I could go on like this forever

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2015 12:21]

Report message to a moderator

Message by NeXuS is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by NeXuS]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186767 is a reply to message #186766] Mon, 23 February 2015 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
If it is some day recoded, will upgrade from existing fudforum be supported ?

Message by GaryM is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by GaryM]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186771 is a reply to message #186769] Tue, 24 February 2015 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
In the long run, do you see FUDforum still being developed, like other free scripts are, like SMF or phpBB ?

Message by GaryM is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by GaryM]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186776 is a reply to message #186775] Tue, 24 February 2015 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
+1
It seems that development ends up in boring people who start with lots of motivation and quickly exhaust themselves.
I wish I could do something to help this script becoming more modern, but I now I'm fed up with it.
I know of many people who got fed up with my own forum because of the lack of mobile devices support. They simply ceased to visit and that's a shame.
That's why I try to find someone to convert it to SMF

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186781 is a reply to message #186777] Wed, 25 February 2015 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Could you give us an estimate of how many percent of work you've done so far, in your opinion ?

Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186783 is a reply to message #186782] Wed, 25 February 2015 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
So a fully working script is to be expected in 2 years time, since you began development 2 years ago ? Wink Just kidding

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Introduction to FUD_CI [message #186791 is a reply to message #186787] Wed, 04 March 2015 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Hi,
Running 3.0.6 RC2, will it be necessary to upgrade to 3.0.6 to install the CI version of FUDforum ?

Message by alopezie is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by alopezie]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to next message
Message by NeXuS is ignored  [reveal message]  [reveal all messages by NeXuS]  [stop ignoring this user] Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
Pages (2): [1  2    »]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: FUDforum's IRC chat channel
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 30 04:27:16 EDT 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01129 seconds