FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Message Authors and Subjects disappearing (A problem randomly occurring post install)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message Authors and Subjects disappearing [message #186942] Sun, 02 August 2015 15:17
elsberry is currently offline  elsberry   
Hello all,

I've ran into some sort of issue that has me baffled. I've built a new install and am trying to create a forum that is filled with messages that are piped in via maillist.php. This works okay for a while, and I can, once I've piped all the messages in, setup the maillist settings to receive email from a mailbox. This is servicing an old Majordomo mailing list, and is setup to work in one direction only, importing and posting to the forum, not from it.

After a few days, a lot of the message subjects disappear, and a lot of the posts get attributed to the wrong person. No one is doing any maintenance at the time and typically no one is even online, save Google bot. This has happened to me now seven different times, starting from scratch, wiping out the directory structure and completely reinstalling. I've tried putting the messages into the database, and I've tried leaving them on disk without any noticeable difference in problems.

At the moment I've restored the database from backup, but have a copy of another database that has failed in the same way. I also have copies of the messages I'm importing if that is relevant.

Site is setup with one accessible forum, registration disabled, read-only, so no one is getting in there and messing around, there are no other active users save bots and anonymous. System is set to create users when it imports the messages, but no one can register, and only a couple of people even know of the site. I've attached the System Configuration screenshot to this message. If anyone can shed any light on the problem, I'd certainly appreciate it. I was concerned that perhaps something I was doing was causing the issue, but now it is happening when I'm not even on the site.

• Attachment: FudStats.png
    (Size: 29.22KB, Downloaded 1011 times)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_NEW
Next Topic: Search Issues
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 04 19:36:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01971 seconds