FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » maillist.php and base64 encoded emails
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
maillist.php and base64 encoded emails [message #187090] Fri, 18 March 2016 10:15 Go to next message
srchild is currently offline  srchild   United Kingdom
I've been running a FUDforum installation with maillist.php integration successfully for over 11 years (my thanks to FUD forum authors and maintainers!)

Currently using 3.0.6

Over the last few months I've noticed increasing problems of messages failing to be integrated into the forum and have tracked this down to messages which are encoded in base64 e.g. mail headers like

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

It seems that for a significant number of my subscribers their corporate Exchange mailserver is now enforcing encoding in this way i.e. users are unable to change their mail format for me.

And it also seems that maillist.php cannot handle this, presumably because the base64 encoded message has no plain-text part for it to use.

Any suggestions welcome

Thank you

Simon

Simon Child
Re: maillist.php and base64 encoded emails [message #187093 is a reply to message #187090] Fri, 18 March 2016 12:25 Go to previous message
srchild is currently offline  srchild   United Kingdom
I've dug further and find that there is code to decode base64

And I've checked the source of some incoming messages and found that their base64 section is valid and can be decoded by the php base64_decode function which is what is used in scripts_common.inc

So this is more mysterious now!

FUDforum is equipped to decode and use base64 text, and my base64 section is decodeable by the php on my server.

Where do I look next??

Thanks

Simon Child

[Updated on: Sat, 19 March 2016 12:11]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Forum Password Reset Failure
Next Topic: Duplicate From header, emails rejected by gmail/hotmail
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 09 10:31:18 GMT 2024