FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Help needed migrating 2.81 forum to current
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Help needed migrating 2.81 forum to current [message #187122] Tue, 03 May 2016 22:44 Go to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   United States
Hi folks. Is anyone available to help migrate a forum from 2.8.1 to the current release? Thanks!
Re: Help needed migrating 2.81 forum to current [message #187123 is a reply to message #187122] Thu, 05 May 2016 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GaryM is currently offline  GaryM   United States
The 2.8.1 page tells you to upgrade to 3.0.0 then you can upgrade to the current version 3.0.6

Users on older FUDforum 2.x releases must first upgrade to version 3.0.0 before they can upgrade to subsequent releases.

Re: Help needed migrating 2.81 forum to current [message #187136 is a reply to message #187123] Mon, 13 June 2016 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerryg is currently offline  kerryg   
Hi Gary - thanks for the help. I'm actually looking for someone to help me do this. I have some issues in my forum and am concerned they might pose problems during the upgrade so I'm hoping to set up a sandbox first to test the migration rather than do it on the production server. As I haven't dug into this for a good long while and had pretty marginal competence back then anyway, there's a possibility that I could break something in the process.

The alternative is to simply turn the current forum into an archive and move to an entirely new forum but I'd like to see where an upgrade gets me first.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2016 05:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help needed migrating 2.81 forum to current [message #187137 is a reply to message #187136] Tue, 14 June 2016 02:37 Go to previous message
GaryM is currently offline  GaryM   United States
I run a PC based Fedora Linux system at home for my fud sandbox. I use it for any beta forum releases before upgrading the production version. Surprisingly I can serve my sandbox to the world for my users to test or if there every be a need in case of production getting corrupted.

There are caveats to the sandbox in that your setup will probably never match the same version of software as your host. OS, PHP, http just to name the common ones. You still might run into hiccups even if you are successful in the sandbox.

If you decide to give it a shot let me know. I can at least advise.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation Issue under Ubuntu Server
Next Topic: ERROR: Not supported
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:02:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02559 seconds