FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Customized Submission form (Need a field specific submission form)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Customized Submission form [message #187124] Mon, 09 May 2016 14:20 Go to next message
mdctechgroup is currently offline  mdctechgroup   United States
Can the submission form have custom fields? I need the form to have 10 data fields and I only want 7 of those 10 to display on the front listing or feed page of the forum (as I want to keep the initial listings as compact as I can for Mobile) ; these 7 fields will be the same for all posts as will the order of each field (a specific order for all posts). Then have the ability to click and get more information on the posts; this is where all 10 fields would be displayed. All fields need to be searchable.
Can this be done with the tool-set within FudForum? Or would I need some coding done?

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2016 14:45]

Report message to a moderator

Aw: Customized Submission form [message #187127 is a reply to message #187124] Thu, 26 May 2016 08:10 Go to previous message
alopezie is currently offline  alopezie   
I think this should be possible with some small added code via FUDAPI. You should have a look into /scripts/fudapi.inc.php
There you see how to add a user to the forum from "outside" with quite many fields.
Then "misusing" some of the fields not need (jabber, affero ...) for other purposes should be possible.

So nothing "out-of-the-box", but with little coding in the form and some changes in the description of some fields not a gigantic job

Alopezie.de - das Forum zum Thema Haarausfall
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: "Mime-Encode NNTP Attachments" Won't Enable with 3.0.5
Next Topic: Fudforum and PHP7
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03295 seconds