FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Can not edit nor delete a Category & "SubCategory"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can not edit nor delete a Category & "SubCategory" [message #187133] Fri, 10 June 2016 08:04 Go to next message
red leon is currently offline  red leon
Hello,
I just installed a FUDforum, deleted: fudforum_archive, install.php, uninstall.php, upgrade.php and started to try it.
I have the following problem:
I did try to add Categories and "SubCategories" by Category Management System, but something went wrong - then I deleted some Categories and did try to add again Categories and "SubCategories".
The result now is a Category was duplicated by name, and one of duplicated Category contained a "SubCategory" - then I deleted all the Categories I could, but unfortunately the duplicated one with a "SubCategory" I can't edit nor delete - they just don't appear in Available Categories .... When I return to forum, I see these Category & "SubCategory", but when I go to Category Management System they don't appear in Available Categories Twisted Evil
Can anybody help me about to remove these Category & "SubCategory", which don't appear in Available Categories ?
Thank you !
( May be the reason of above is I am using Bulgarian Alphabet for Categories, but the forum needs English Alphabet ? )

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2016 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can not edit nor delete a Category & "SubCategory" [message #187134 is a reply to message #187133] Fri, 10 June 2016 19:10 Go to previous message
red leon is currently offline  red leon
I think, I have been destroy my Forum-database, so I start to search for a solution about MySQL database.
I did not backup the database, but before Forum-installation on a Website, I did install it on my home PC2 under Linux Mint.
I did make a backup of working database at my home PC2, then uncompressed it from 'FUDforum_10_06_2016_10_16.fud.gz' to 'FUDforum_10_06_2016_10_16.fud', then uploaded it at the Website folder. The last step was to restore MySQL database - successful. So I have working database on my Website now.
I will be very careful, and will make backups often.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Already Read entries
Next Topic: Template Editor fails when copying all template files (3.0.7)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:44:15 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02484 seconds