FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Suggestion for fudforum.org/forum and the FAQ link. (A suggestion to fix the broken FAQ link that appears when people visit fodforum.org/forum)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon12.gif  Suggestion for fudforum.org/forum and the FAQ link. [message #187158] Sat, 06 August 2016 00:05 Go to next message
Spork Schivago is currently offline  Spork Schivago   United States
Hello,

I have a suggestion. My suggestion is that a site administrator or someone who has the power to fix the FAQ link that is visible when someone goes to fudforum.org/forum. It's in the description of the topic, "FUDforum Documentation". It currently points to: cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

However, when I click it, I receive a 404.

The reason I would like to see this suggestion implemented is because I currently am renting a virtual private server (VPS) and have no forum software. I was heavily thinking of going with vBulletin but when I checked the features list on Wikipedia for the various forum software, FUDforum seemed to have the most features out of all forum softwares. I have a bunch of questions though before I install it and need them answered. I thought some of my questions might be the type of questions that a lot of people might ask and might in fact be in a Frequently Asked Questions list.

I feel that there might be more users like me and having a FAQ to readthrough could be very beneficial.

I wanted to point out that because I am a new user here and haven't posted enough messages, I'm unable to post links. I had to remove the http from the fudform.org and cvs.prohost.org links I posted.

Thank you.
Re: Suggestion for fudforum.org/forum and the FAQ link. [message #187161 is a reply to message #187158] Wed, 10 August 2016 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
Done!
Re: Suggestion for fudforum.org/forum and the FAQ link. [message #187164 is a reply to message #187161] Fri, 12 August 2016 04:07 Go to previous message
Spork Schivago is currently offline  Spork Schivago   United States
Thank you!!! Unfortunately, my question must not be a frequently asked one. Just gotta find the correct sub-forum to post my question now.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Password reset e-mails
Next Topic: Cleaning of Entered data / "Invalid Encoding Attack"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:46:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04696 seconds