FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » transferring a forum (difficult)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
transferring a forum [message #187204] Fri, 30 September 2016 12:50
mavrokley is currently offline  mavrokley   Greece
hi all

I have to transfer a forum from its past owner to my server.

I moved all the files to httpdocs and edited the GLOBALS.php file accordingly.

Now what ?

I saw here that the database should be imported through the admin panel but then admin panel will probably not load since the database is brand new & totally empty right now.

What's the url for the admin panel ? i searched the whole forum here but nowhere mentioned.

From my experience i know that in order to import a database on MySQL i need the SQL file but this database includes a db.opt file and many *.frm *.MYD *.MYI files. I saw somewhere that i should run the upgrade in order to convert those files.

So i copied the installation files and run upgrade.php i get this message "Unable to find GLOBALS.php inside the current (/var/www/vhosts/psytrance.org/httpdocs) directory. Please place the upgrade script (upgrade.php) inside the main web directory of your forum." The upgrade file is where it suppose to be. This message is wrong.

Then i tried instal.php and i get this message "FUDforum requires PHP 5.3.0 or later while you have version Installed. Please rectify this and try again." I cannot upgrade the PHP version. This servers is not totally mine.

So where is the "compatibility with all databases" that you mention and the "15 mins required only for a setup" ?

I 've already lost a whole morning.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Disabling postcount
Next Topic: User Auth and Caching proxies
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:05:59 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02745 seconds