FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again (Receiving an error during installation when using MySQL 5.7.)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187275] Sat, 29 April 2017 14:53 Go to next message
orionsune is currently offline  orionsune
I am having an issue installing FUDforum which has been detailed in the following thread.

http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=187274&#msg_187274

Apparently the installation is broken when using MySQL 5.7 while it works with 5.6.

This is fine for our proof of concept, but if we move to production with this we'll need to use MySQL 5.7.

Does anyone have any insight or can we get someone to take a look at this, please?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187276 is a reply to message #187275] Sun, 30 April 2017 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you maybe help us to debug the code in install.php around line 860 (test index creation)?

It will really help us with our next release, planned for June/July this year.

Regards.
Frank
Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187278 is a reply to message #187276] Sun, 30 April 2017 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes of course, I would be more than happy to. I'll get started on that.

Thank you for taking a look.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 April 2017 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187279 is a reply to message #187276] Sun, 30 April 2017 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just an update, I accidentally broke my installation of apache on my development box today and will need some time troubleshoot or start over...

[Updated on: Sun, 30 April 2017 18:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187318 is a reply to message #187279] Fri, 28 July 2017 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed @ https://sourceforge.net/p/fudforum/code/6051/
Re: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again [message #187323 is a reply to message #187318] Fri, 28 July 2017 22:49 Go to previous message
That's excellent news, thanks for following up (where i didn't).

We were using an older version of mysql during our testing just to get things working, which went well.

The timing is perfect since we have not made our real forum in a production environment yet. It will replace another application we've been using that no longer suites our needs.

Attention to the issue is much appreciated.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Please grant your database user permissions to create indexes and try again
Next Topic: Template (upgrade issue)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 10:32:33 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02654 seconds