FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problems with email for registering on this forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems with email for registering on this forum [message #187465] Sun, 22 April 2018 22:27
R3vLibre is currently offline  R3vLibre   France
Hi,

I am so glad I am able to write here !!
I was desesperated to ever be able to register on the forum...

I even tried to attract the attention from a moderator within the anonymous posting area : fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=123915&start=0&

But, eventually, I am here.

So, here is the status, it's not really a bug with FUDforum software :

- I have several e-mails handled by one internet provider, namely Gandi (www.gandi.net) : I never received an email from prohost.org to any of these e-mails
- I have an old alias, recorded at another internet provider, which redirect to my main mailbox in Gandi : through this e-mail, I received the e-mail confirmation and I could get there

So, it seems that e-mail from prohost never reaches Gandi.
The thing is, that the alias I use I don't have any control on it anymore for years, it's a chance it is still active, and could be stopped from a day to another.

I don't see why it happens. People are sending me mails daily, and I receive them.
Also, it's not related to FUDforum software, because I installed it on my own website and I could register myself there Smile

Anyway, I am glad I am onboard !
I have been attracted by FUDforum for years, and it's only now that I finally setup a forum on a website Smile

However, for this e-mail problem, could you have a look for errors on the mail server ?
Any idea where it could come from ?
Or, should I ask to my e-mail provider ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: The /e modifier is deprecated
Next Topic: Image attachments using https
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:38:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01975 seconds