FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » upgrade from 3.07 to 3.09 fails
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade from 3.07 to 3.09 fails [message #187548] Thu, 16 August 2018 13:42 Go to next message
zbob is currently offline  zbob   United States
I am running FudForm on Windows server 2012 R2 using MS SQL Server 2014. This site has been active for about 6 years. I always seem to have issues upgrading. I suppose it may have to do with using Windows and MS SQL Server but they are supported.. correct?

Anyway see error below. Its a database issue. So I tried to run the upgrade checking "Skip database changes", and got same result.

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.

UPDATE: I was able to get the site up and running again by going into admin and running the "Forum Consistency" tool. Also when checking system info it said the version was 3.09. So it seems the upgrade worked even though it showed those errors. Not sure how critical those DB changes are. Anyone know?

Thanks
Bob

===============================

Step 2: Perform upgrade
Beginning to decompress the archive.
Finished decompressing the archive.
File upgrade completed.
Checking SQL permissions.
Add new database index fud30_karma_i_mu to table fud30_karma_rate_track(msg_id,user_id).

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message '1913: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The operation failed because an index or statistics with name 'fud30_karma_i_mu' already exists on table 'fud30_karma_rate_track'. @ CREATE INDEX fud30_karma_i_mu ON fud30_karma_rate_track (msg_id,user_id)' in C:\inetpub\dhsforumtest\upgrade.php:178 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\dhsforumtest\sql\sqlsrv\db.inc(97): fud_sql_error_handler('CREATE INDEX f...', '[Microsoft][SQL...', 1913, '12.00.4100') #1 C:\inetpub\dhsforumtest\include\dbadmin.inc(645): q('CREATE INDEX f...') #2 C:\inetpub\dhsforumtest\upgrade.php(961): create_index('fud30_karma_rat...', 'fud30_karma_i_m...', 0, 'msg_id,user_id') #3 {main} thrown in C:\inetpub\dhsforumtest\upgrade.php on line 178

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2018 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: upgrade from 3.07 to 3.09 fails [message #187549 is a reply to message #187548] Thu, 16 August 2018 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
We mainly test with MySQL, not with MS-SQL, as we don't have access to a MS-SQL database server.

What happens if you re-run the upgrade? Same error?
Also, try to drop the index before running the upgrade script.

PS: Just saw your update. The SQL changes are minor. If you don't get errors, I woudn't worry too much about it.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 August 2018 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: upgrade from 3.07 to 3.09 fails [message #187550 is a reply to message #187549] Thu, 16 August 2018 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I tried to rerun and got the same error. I also did try to drop the index and rerun. It got past that error but then another sql error popped up. Anyway I was able to get the site running again by running the forum consistency tool and it seems the upgrade actually worked. The system info says version 3.09.

Is there anything in the database updates that are critical? If so I can do them manually.

Thanks for your help!
Bob
Re: upgrade from 3.07 to 3.09 fails [message #187551 is a reply to message #187549] Thu, 16 August 2018 15:36 Go to previous message
Great. I think its fine. Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Click "Category Manager" = Fatal Error out of memory
Next Topic: Migration Problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:38:52 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02787 seconds