FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Failing to change forum to RTL
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Failing to change forum to RTL [message #187608] Sun, 21 October 2018 22:45 Go to next message
watershed is currently offline  watershed   France
Hi there!

I am running a demo of FUDforum which is intended for a community in Hebrew. I was prompted to select a language when setting up the forum, and chose Hebrew.
Most of the forum is indeed translated to Hebrew, but the text alignment is left to right (rather than right to left as it should be in Hebrew).

I see that when adding Arabic (another RTL language) it is aligned properly - is there a way to get the same for Hebrew?

Went through all the settings and couldn't seem to find how to do that.

Many thanks Smile

Re: Failing to change forum to RTL [message #187610 is a reply to message #187608] Mon, 22 October 2018 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Copy the file called "dir" from the Arabic translation to the Hebrew translation and recompile your theme.
We will fix it in the next release.
Re: Failing to change forum to RTL [message #187611 is a reply to message #187610] Mon, 22 October 2018 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Could you please point me to where this file is located exactly? (edit: nevermind, I found it in the i18n folders)

Thanks again Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 22 October 2018 09:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Failing to change forum to RTL [message #187612 is a reply to message #187608] Sun, 28 October 2018 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A quick follow up

After taking the steps to fix the RTL view in the forums I still have some alignment issues (see screenshot) where the poster info is misaligned.

Are there any steps i can take to fix this?

Thanks again, I am running a medium sized community and we are considering migrating to FUD Cool
  • Attachment: followup.JPG
    (Size: 24.96KB, Downloaded 1042 times)
Re: Failing to change forum to RTL [message #187614 is a reply to message #187612] Mon, 29 October 2018 16:24 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Strange. I assume it must be something in the HTML code that aligns/ floats the poster info to the right when you enable RTL support.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Migration Problem
Next Topic: Migrate and Upgrade ISsue
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:15:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02924 seconds