FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » New Users can't create new topics.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
New Users can't create new topics. [message #187706] Thu, 11 April 2019 15:50 Go to next message
Jeff is currently offline  Jeff   Canada
Hi Folks,

After a break of almost 10 years I'm back to running a FUD Forum. It's good to be back.

Here's my issue. Newly registered users, with a confirmed email cannot start a new topics. They get an error saying it's a moderated forum. The forum itself is NOT moderated. User permissions are correct. If I run a Forum Consistency check the problem goes away. Users can create topics.

Everything else seems to work fine. I'm running the Consistency routine every hour to make due, but as the forum grows that will become problematic. Any thoughts?

Thanks
jeff
Re: New Users can't create new topics. [message #187718 is a reply to message #187706] Fri, 10 May 2019 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Probably related to this setting:

Moderate user's first N messages:
Queue user's first N posts for approval. If a user's post count exceeds this number his/her posts will be automatically approved (unless posted to a moderated forum). Set to 0 to disable.
Re: New Users can't create new topics. [message #187740 is a reply to message #187718] Wed, 17 July 2019 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Motorradankauf is currently offline  Motorradankauf
Hi,

I am new also, and after spending at least 10 minutes I am able to post a new thread/post, you have to check in the top right corner of the forum and you will find an option of posting thread, I hope this will help you.

Welcome back to the forum Smile

Thanks

Motorrad ankauf
Re: New Users can't create new topics. [message #187742 is a reply to message #187718] Wed, 17 July 2019 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff is currently offline  Jeff   
That's got it. Thank you very much.
Re: New Users can't create new topics. [message #187743 is a reply to message #187742] Thu, 18 July 2019 06:17 Go to previous message
Motorradankauf is currently offline  Motorradankauf
alright

Motorrad ankauf
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to customize theme
Next Topic: Can I have a multi-language forum?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:22:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02766 seconds