FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can I have a multi-language forum?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Can I have a multi-language forum? [message #187766] Thu, 12 September 2019 10:50 Go to next message
Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt is currently offline  Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt   Germany
I'm currently having a need for a good forum software again, and the newly responsive FUDforum 3.1 looks like one of the less bad options, so it is one of the three remaining options.

The feature that may make the decision for me is multi-language support. The community which I want to establish will be equally German and US-American, so the forum should be able to:

• have an automatic browser language detection
  • support a multi-language title in the header (e.g. "this is the English title", "this is the German title")
  • ... and/or do the same for subforums.
I remember phpBB having been able to provide something like this long ago, but I dislike phpBB for quite a number of reasons.

Can the FUDforum do that? Smile
Re: Can I have a multi-language forum? [message #187774 is a reply to message #187766] Sat, 21 September 2019 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
Yes, look at the "Theme Router" Plugin:

"Direct users to a suitable theme based on their browser language. It also shows a drop down box on the front page so users can switch between different themes. Simply enable it and create a theme for each of the languages you want to support."
Re: Can I have a multi-language forum? [message #187776 is a reply to message #187774] Sun, 22 September 2019 22:50 Go to previous message
Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt is currently offline  Fear, Uncertainty ? Doubt   Germany
Awesome, thank you! Does that also include multi-language subforums?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New Users can't create new topics.
Next Topic: post/reply via email (listserv)?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:13:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03939 seconds