FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » This error is a bug with PCRE ( Warning: preg_match(): Allocation of JIT memory failed)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
This error is a bug with PCRE [message #188043] Fri, 05 February 2021 22:39
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   
Just finished installing FUDforum 3.1.0 and encountered this error:

Quote:
Warning: preg_match(): Allocation of JIT memory failed, PCRE JIT will be disabled. This is likely caused by security restrictions.
Either grant PHP permission to allocate executable memory, or set pcre.jit=0 in /home/user/domain.xxx/FUDforum/include/adm_common.inc on line 24

My host took care of the issue, but I'm posting it here for your information only.

Quote:
Looking into this for you, I found that pcre.jit=0 was not set in your phprc file (user/.php/7.4/phprc). This error is a bug with PCRE
To work around this bug, We recommend adding the following line to your site's phprc file. pcre.jit = 0
This setting accommodates the majority of all PHP websites. However, if you specifically need this enabled, you can adjust the setting to the value of 1 in your phprc file. I went ahead and added that and our recommended PHP limits to the file for your site user. The phprc file will need to be updated for the site user of any other site you see this error on any other sites in the future.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installing with MySQL 8 fails - No MyISAM engine
Next Topic: Fudforum on a flash drive
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:16:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02739 seconds