FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Updating chat links (Chat platform links are WAY out of date.)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Updating chat links [message #187854] Sat, 18 April 2020 22:22 Go to next message
Tikatu is currently offline  Tikatu   United States
Hey, I suggest that chat platform links be updated to reflect those that are current and eliminate those that no longer exist--such as MSN Messenger, which became Skype. Yahoo Messenger is also long gone. A little bit of research will give you an idea of what should be removed and what new things should be added. Thanks for listening!
Re: Updating chat links [message #188032 is a reply to message #187854] Sun, 31 January 2021 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   
Administrator
Core Developer
For FUDforum 3.1.1, we've added Facebook and removed AIM and MSN Messenger.
Hope it helps a bit.
Re: Updating chat links [message #188034 is a reply to message #188032] Sun, 31 January 2021 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   
One of the many reasons I chose Fudforum was the Jabber and other social media notification links it supported and its global use. I came back into the frey largely because of the unbelievable censorship currently being practiced by big tech, here in America and elsewhere around the world against ordinary folk who simply believe in "Life, Liberty, and free speech".

To that end I very strongly believe That fudforum would be well served if more Social media sites were available. At present I would suggest Parlor, Gab, and Telegraph, as a good start!

There are some 74,000,000+ Ticked off Americans taking a beating on social media right now. And though I don't use social media myself, many of them do, and they are looking for options!

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"
Re: Updating chat links [message #188050 is a reply to message #188034] Sun, 14 February 2021 20:46 Go to previous message
The Witcher is currently offline  The Witcher   
I recommended here above that adding certain social media sites might be a good idea!

Since then I have had a chance to look at the actual code and it don't appears that complex, add the correct urls, proper images, I might even be able to grunt my way through it, but then I could be wrong and it's a lot more difficult than it looks.

Toggle Spoiler
At any rate if I get (or pay) to have the code written and tested on my site, would you implement it into FUDforum? The same applies to the video plugin, which I'd like to see expanded to cover other video platforms.

"I'm a Witcher, I solve human problems; not always using a sword!"

[Updated on: Mon, 22 February 2021 23:16]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Twitter message show
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:43:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02535 seconds