FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problems with mailing lists (solved)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problems with mailing lists (solved) [message #19215] Fri, 02 July 2004 12:07 Go to next message
djnz is currently offline  djnz   United Kingdom
I cannot use procmail so I started with popfudx.php from this site.

The first problem was
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ses_get() in ..../FUDforum/include/theme/default/users.inc on line 581
which I eventually tracked down to a missing include in maillist.php which was easily solved as follows:
FILE FUDforum/maillist.php
BEFORE fud_use('users.inc');
INSERT fud_use('cookies.inc');

Having done this, I could get mail files into FUDforum but still couldn't get popfudx to work so I wrote my own script to retrieve emails and pass them to maillist.php. Also there seems little point in running maillist.php as a separate cgi process (indeed if you are running php as an Apache module then this could cause some problems) rather than just including it, but some modifications are necessary to do this.

However, despite these problems I have now managed to get FUDforum working as an archive for my mailing lists and I am pretty pleased with the result.

Finally it should be possible with cPanel to direct mail straight to maillist.php (although there is no direct access to procmail, you can set up redirects) but I could not get this to work, possibly due to pathing problems. Has anyone had more success in a cPanel environment?

[Updated on: Fri, 02 July 2004 12:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with mailing lists (solved) [message #19220 is a reply to message #19215] Fri, 02 July 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Your modifications are incorrect, the script should not need the two included files. The correct fix can be found here:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=2880

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Problems with mailing lists (solved) [message #19223 is a reply to message #19220] Fri, 02 July 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djnz is currently offline  djnz   United Kingdom
Yes that seems to work thanks. I did look for a fix on this forum but couldn't find it; now I have posted the error message the next person should have more luck with a search.

Can users.inc (or any other inclusions) be dropped from maillist.php?

Great forum by the way - I don't know why I have stuck with phpBB for so long Wink
Re: Problems with mailing lists (solved) [message #19230 is a reply to message #19223] Fri, 02 July 2004 13:47 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
All of the includes (other then the ones added by you) are needed.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: [del]…[/del]
Next Topic: maillists: "Subject" & headers handling
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:35:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02535 seconds