FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » maillist.php support for simple machines forum?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
maillist.php support for simple machines forum? [message #21911] Tue, 28 December 2004 15:07 Go to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi,

Hope you are enjoying your holidays and taking some time off from your computer screen!

I wanted to ask if it might be possible to adapt maillist.php to support Simple Machines Forum. I installed SMF recently and am quite impressed by the functionality, which is very phpbb-like but also includes much more. An important aspect is its SMF-Mambo bridge, enabling us to relatively painlessly integrate SMF into Mambo, our own CMS of choice.

There is a thread in the SMF support forum about Yahoogroup-like functionality, which I have been contributing to, informing the SMF community about Fudforum and phpbb's m2f. m2f is still in beta. I've also asked the m2f team about possible SMF support. I'm most happy with Fudforum's maillist integration, but am eager to take advantage of the extended functionality of SMF and Mambo integration.

This is work (I'm well aware that this is not trivial) that Kabissa would be willing to pay for - let me know what you think.

Best wishes for 2005,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: maillist.php support for simple machines forum? [message #21916 is a reply to message #21911] Tue, 28 December 2004 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No thanks, competing products are not supported.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: maillist.php support for simple machines forum? [message #21917 is a reply to message #21911] Tue, 28 December 2004 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Eigen is currently offline  Tobias Eigen   United States
Hi Ilia -

That's what I figured you'd say. Sad I can understand your position.

Cheers,

Tobias

Kabissa - Space for change in Africa
Re: maillist.php support for simple machines forum? [message #22809 is a reply to message #21911] Wed, 16 February 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   Norway
Tobias Eigen wrote on Tue, 28 December 2004 10:07

Hi,

Hope you jhkjhjkhkjhjkhjkpport forum[/url] about Yahoogroup-like functionality, which I have been contributing to, informing the SMF community about Fudforum and phpbb's m2f. m2f is still in beta. I've also asked the m2f team about possible SMF support. I'm most happy with Fudforum's maillist integration, but am eager to take advantage of the extended functionality of SMF and Mambo integration.

This is work (I'm well aware that this is not trivial) that Kabissa would be willing to pay for - let me know what you think.

Best wishes for 2005,

Tobias

Re: maillist.php support for simple machines forum? [message #22810 is a reply to message #22809] Wed, 16 February 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United States
I'm intrigued that someone has posted these messages back to the forum - would be happy to discuss further with anyone interested.

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: maillist.php support for simple machines forum? [message #164904 is a reply to message #22810] Sat, 02 April 2011 06:39 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
We have a SMF to FUDforum converter if you guys are interested.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Unread messages
Next Topic: Mailing list incorporated directly into forum software
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:45:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04287 seconds