FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » bogus ;) forum borked after upgrade to 2.6.9
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
bogus ;) forum borked after upgrade to 2.6.9 [message #22695] Fri, 11 February 2005 03:07 Go to next message
firepages is currently offline  firepages   Australia
Hi,

just ran upgrade to latest stable & now could not login to CP & forum is disabled , I deleted UPGRADE_* and ran again & managed to login once , then after enabling the forum , the forum index shows but going anywhere else seems to just hang (including admin though I do get past the login stage)

cant see anything in httpd nor php logs , where should I start looking ?

I note that the GLOBALS.php in the WWW root are no longer symlinks as I recall in the previous version? is that true/relevant ?

<edit>
OK weirder , some pages can be viewed , anything that is not admin nor forum-thread related works , e.g. I can see member-profiles the search index , I can even see a thread if I go there via the search function

but trying to view any forum or category index pages or forum lists & the page hangs (& no timeout)

same with admin
</edit>

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 02:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: forum borked after upgrade to 2.6.9 [message #22702 is a reply to message #22695] Fri, 11 February 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to run the consistency checker in the admin control panel after completing the upgrade.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: forum borked after upgrade to 2.6.9 [message #22720 is a reply to message #22695] Sat, 12 February 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
`error :: your keyboard is not connected.... please press any key to continue`

Wink

The consistency checker ran at the end of the upgrade (on both attempts) but then thats it , I can get into admin and view options but anything else fails ... well hangs indefinately.

With the public forum itself I can do most things except view a forum index page.

To be fair I do have some Plesk ('P' stands for poxy) weirdness happening at the moment & perhaps I chose a bad time to upgrade, unusually for me I did do a forum dump before the upgrade so I think I am just going to reinstall from scratch at this point and cross my fingers.
Re: forum borked after upgrade to 2.6.9 [message #22721 is a reply to message #22695] Sat, 12 February 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ,sorted , I deleted the forum/GLOBALS.php && forum/adm/GLOBALS.php and made symlinks instead to the main GLOBALS.php above the root , that fixed everything instantly ..

I think in retrospect that perhaps when I recently transferred to my newer server that these hard links must have been created at that time (perhaps rsync turns symlinks into hardlinks ?) ? dunno , but I suspect its all my own fault one way or another Wink

so sorry about that Very Happy

Re: forum borked after upgrade to 2.6.9 [message #22725 is a reply to message #22721] Sat, 12 February 2005 20:25 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I suspect rsync may have made symlinks into actual files, so you ended up with 3 copies of GLOBALS.php, rather then 1 copy & 2 symlinks.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Group Management Questions
Next Topic: install stop after the 1/5 page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:37:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02802 seconds