FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Translations » Italian translation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Italian translation [message #23002] Thu, 24 February 2005 10:30 Go to next message
darkglobe is currently offline  darkglobe   Italy
Hi !

I've not yet installed the FUD package, 'cause I'm reinstalling my Linux system, but I'm available for the Italian translation.
If someone can send me the original english "msg file" to my private account, I'll start with the translation in the next hours.

Regards
Re: Italian translation [message #23009 is a reply to message #23002] Thu, 24 February 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
FUDforum already has a partial Italian translation, so it would be best to simply continue the translation.
I'm attaching the current translation to this message.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Italian translation [message #23047 is a reply to message #23009] Tue, 01 March 2005 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 11:59

FUDforum already has a partial Italian translation, so it would be best to simply continue the translation.
I'm attaching the current translation to this message.

Blurp ! Smile
Here's a first translation. It was a hard work due to the length of the file.
I've also corrected some parts of the previous translation, but I cannot exclude further little errors.

Please, add a reference to my name in your docs about the translators Twisted Evil

Regards
Re: Italian translation [message #23049 is a reply to message #23047] Tue, 01 March 2005 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Thank you for your hard work, I've updated the translation and added you to the credits. I should mention that after reviewing the translation I found a few instances of wrong URLs being used, I've adjusted them accordingly.

So, if you intend to use the translation I would recommend fetching the version that is now in CVS.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Italian translation [message #23054 is a reply to message #23049] Wed, 02 March 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 10:58

Thank you for your hard work
[...]
So, if you intend to use the translation I would recommend fetching the version that is now in CVS.

Thanks Smile

Only two notes
For analogy with other apostrophes you can change "\'" with "&# 39;"

And I discovered a little transcription error:

login_unapproved_account_msg: L\'amministratore del forum ha scelto...

must replace
L\'amministratore del forum ha sceltp...
------------------------------------------------^
Re: Italian translation [message #23059 is a reply to message #23054] Wed, 02 March 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The main thing is that we don't want raw ', as those may result in parser errors in generate files, whether the alternative is \' or ' ultimately does not matter.

Keep in mind that if the message is intended for e-mail, then \' is better since mail clients won't convert ' to ' inside plain-text e-mails.

I've also corrected the missing letter typo.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Italian translation [message #23076 is a reply to message #23059] Thu, 03 March 2005 09:55 Go to previous message
Ilia wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 11:29

[...]
Keep in mind that if the message is intended for e-mail, then \' is better since mail clients won't convert ' to ' inside plain-text e-mails.

Aah, true! I suppose that the same problem could occur in plain emails for & agrave; & ugrave; and so on ...
So I intend to check the email outputs in the next days.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: phpbb2 -> fudforum doesn't import messages
Next Topic: Manual in french
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 13 21:04:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02584 seconds