FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23162] Mon, 07 March 2005 07:30 Go to next message
!alex is currently offline  !alex   Germany
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Hello,

i have a serious problem with linebreaks in the edit-textarea:

In the following cases all the linebreaks dissapear and make a lot of work to bring the message in the right format again:

1.) image/file-upload while editing a message
2.) preview a message
3.) edit a message

I think it`s only a small bug to fix, if it`s necessary to hack the sourcecode a little it would also be not a big issue.

Thanks for your efforts,
Alex

P.S.: As i see in this forum the problem doesn't exist
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23165 is a reply to message #23162] Mon, 07 March 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Can't replicate the problem on this or my development forum, try using a later version of the forum? If you already are perhaps you can give me access to the forum so that I can see the problem for myself and review your forum settings.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23176 is a reply to message #23162] Mon, 07 March 2005 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Hello Ilia,

thanks for the prompt reply.

I also wonder why this happens, i recently updated to 2.6.9 but had the problem earlier.

I sent you a PM with the admin-account to the forum, if you want you can have a look at.

Thanks,

Alex
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23177 is a reply to message #23176] Mon, 07 March 2005 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Unusual... I'll take a once I get the authentication information.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23198 is a reply to message #23177] Tue, 08 March 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Hello,

i fixed the Problem by this 'dirty' hack:

replaced {VAR: msg_body}
by: <?= html_to_tags($msg->body); ?>

in post.tmpl

Now at least the line-breaks behave like expected.

I wonder what function to use to replace smileys from
[img=images/smiley_icons/icon_smile.gif]Smile[/img]

back to
: - )

in the Textarea ?

Maybe there is also another VAR: to use than msg_body or someone could tell me the right place at post.inc.t to apply those changes ?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23201 is a reply to message #23162] Tue, 08 March 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Sorry,

it turned-out as a stupid home-made problem by my template-engine around, not the forum.

Had a str_replace ('\n\n\','',$sOut) before the output was sent that i totally forgott Rolling Eyes

For sure the behaviour was more than Unusual then.

Thanks for the great Forum anyway,
Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 17:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23202 is a reply to message #23198] Tue, 08 March 2005 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
Smiley code can be found inside the smiley.inc.t script, which implements smiley_to_post() and post_to_smiley() functions.

As far as the body hack it seem "wrong"...

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23214 is a reply to message #23162] Tue, 08 March 2005 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
Hello Ilia,

thanks for the reply, the codehack was not the best idea but worked on first view.
But having the whole message in the textarea when placing a reply was little too much so i continued to locate the 'real' bug.

Found it in my own output-method of the small cms around the forum that had a line to kill double line-breaks for cleaner markup.

Finally i added a parameter to control this line and set the switch in footer.tmpl to false -> everything works fine !

Thanks again for your advice,
Alex

P.S.: I would appreciate an option to use URL sessions without causing G. & Co. to spider url`s containing the session-id. For me it would be ok to cloak them away on the user-agent. I`m pretty sure on such a minor issues nobody will get a penalty on the ranking.
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23215 is a reply to message #23214] Tue, 08 March 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
You can add the search hack inside users.inc.t by checking the user agent and disabling the referrer.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23216 is a reply to message #23162] Tue, 08 March 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add to buddy list
You mean I change:

if (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) || !defined('forum_debug')) {
$GLOBALS['usr'] =& init_user();
}

to something like:

if ((isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) || !defined('forum_debug')) && !in_array($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],$aSpiders)) {
$GLOBALS['usr'] =& init_user();
}

and disable referrer check in the global settings works even if there is no user created by the forum then ?

Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 21:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: line-breaks dissapear after image upload/preview/edit [message #23217 is a reply to message #23216] Tue, 08 March 2005 21:15 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
no, you still want to have a "user" created, BUT inside init_user() you want to disable session URLs is the user-agent is a search engine.

FUDforum Core Developer
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Register?
Next Topic: eGroupware - Missing Fudforum Icon
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Dec 13 08:19:10 EST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00849 seconds