FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Help! Can't change WWW root
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Help! Can't change WWW root [message #8250] Sun, 19 January 2003 15:42 Go to next message
DaveSill is currently offline  DaveSill   United States
I inadvertantly set the Global WWW Root wrong, and now I can't set it back.

I set it to http://morgancounty.com/forums/, but it should have been http://morgancountytn.com/forums/ (note the "tn"). It changed on the Control Panel, but pages are still being generated with morgancounty.com.

What's the deal?

-Dave
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #8251 is a reply to message #8250] Sun, 19 January 2003 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaveSill is currently offline  DaveSill   United States
Oh well, reinstalling fixed it.

-Dave
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #23644 is a reply to message #8251] Thu, 24 March 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ginger is currently offline  ginger   United States
I've got the same problem.

Changing the WWW root domain or IP address changes the settings in GLOBAL.php but does not change what the server looks for. This is despite a server reboot and separate httpd restarts.

In my case the issue is that we have been testing the server internally (it's great!) and now want to expose it to the public Internet via a NAT gateway whose external IP address is the address FUDforum should be using in its WWW root.

Anyone solved this problem without reinstalling?

Thanks

Ginger
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #23645 is a reply to message #23644] Fri, 25 March 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
After you've changed the setting you need to rebuild the theme inside the theme manager.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #23646 is a reply to message #23645] Fri, 25 March 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ginger is currently offline  ginger   United States
Works! thanks Ilia!
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #23649 is a reply to message #23646] Fri, 25 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linxiaoming is currently offline  linxiaoming   China
偶也碰到这个问题,果然好了!!!
WWW root peroblem [message #24329 is a reply to message #8250] Sun, 24 April 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lyzer is currently offline  Lyzer   Belgium
I have similar problem
egroupware 1.0.0.0006
I uploaded icons (gif) for the forum but they did not show up although the path seemed fine and the icons existed in the image folder and even showed broken in the preview window
Trying to fix the problem I made a mistake when changed the path to the images folder once clicked on set i got this message

!!! YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR $GLOBALS['phpgw_info']['flags']['currentapp'] SET !!!
!!! PLEASE CORRECT THIS SITUATION !!!
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/public_html/egroupware/phpgwapi/inc/functions.inc.php:73) in /home/mysite/public_html/egroupware/phpgwapi/inc/functions.inc.php on line 310

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mysite/files/fudforum/3814588639/include/core.inc on line 213

The problem is i cannot access the the fudforum configurations page to be able to fix this mistake anymore

I am no expert really but I can follow instructions

Thank you
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #34304 is a reply to message #23644] Wed, 18 October 2006 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcarter is currently offline  jcarter   United States
ginger wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 18:41

I've got the same problem.

Changing the WWW root domain or IP address changes the settings in GLOBAL.php but does not change what the server looks for. This is despite a server reboot and separate httpd restarts.

I happened across this one after fighting it twice after 2 WWW ROOT changes. Please add a prompt to 'rebuild themes' after the WWW ROOT changes.
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #34314 is a reply to message #34304] Fri, 20 October 2006 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
With the new forum releases it is no longer requires as the forum URL is no longer being inlined by the theme compiler.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #34321 is a reply to message #34314] Fri, 20 October 2006 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Thu, 19 October 2006 21:04

With the new forum releases it is no longer requires as the forum URL is no longer being inlined by the theme compiler.

Under 2.76, most of the links were properly updated. However several - 'login' and 'register' links gave an Apache redirect to the old WWW Root. I tried clearing browser cache, restarting the linux box, 'forum consistency check', thinking it was being cached somewhere. Nothing worked for me until I found the 'rebuild themes' post and that worked for me.
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #34327 is a reply to message #34321] Fri, 20 October 2006 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
This should fix this as well
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11633

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Help! Can't change WWW root [message #34410 is a reply to message #34327] Fri, 27 October 2006 01:23 Go to previous message
Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Invisible forumpart
Next Topic: Redesigning The Formatting Tools
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:34:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02918 seconds