FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » error when trying to create path_info based theme
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26338] Fri, 15 July 2005 08:51 Go to next message
cellarius is currently offline  cellarius   Germany
Hello,

I'm planning to swith my existing forum from regular linking to path_info-style. To do that, I tried to build a new theme based on the path_info template.

When I do this, I spawn the following error:

Zitat:

Undefined template: "post_html_quote_start_p1" inside "isearch.inc.t"

Then I tried to build a new template based on path_info. This led to the following:

Zitat:

Warning: mkdir(G:/www/roma-antiqua/FUDforum/thm/Roma_Antiqua_2//tmpl): File exists in G:\www\roma-antiqua\FUDforum\include\compiler.inc on line 692
Cannot create directory '[path]/FUDforum/thm/Roma_Antiqua_2//tmpl'

I noticed the "//" in the last line of the error. Might that be the problem? Any hints?

Thank you,
Sven

P.S.: I'm using 2.6.15. The errors occur on my live server (forum updated several times) and on my sandbox server (2.6.13 newly installed, but datadump imported)
P.P.S: The errors do not occur when creating a theme or template based on the default-template.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 July 2005 09:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26343 is a reply to message #26338] Fri, 15 July 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
How did you attempt to create this theme, tell me a step by step please since I am unable to replicate the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26347 is a reply to message #26343] Sat, 16 July 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

1. -> Theme-Manager
2. Name: [Name], Template Set: path_info, Locale: German etc.
3. Add
4. -> Undefined template: "post_html_quote_start_p1" inside "isearch.inc.t"

or

1. -> Theme-Manager
2. Create New Template Set, Base Template: Path Info, Name: [Name]
3. Create
4. -> Warning: mkdir(G:/www/roma-antiqua/FUDforum/thm/test2//tmpl): File exists in G:\www\roma-antiqua\FUDforum\include\compiler.inc on line 696
Cannot create directory 'G:/www/roma-antiqua/FUDforum/thm/test2//tmpl'

In both cases the theme (resp. the template) show up in the resp. lists after the errors. The Theme cannot be rebulit (same undefined template error); a new theme can be based on the new template, though - but if I try to rebuild it, same undefined template error.

Thanks for your help,
Sven
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26365 is a reply to message #26347] Mon, 18 July 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I was able to replicate the warning message and devise a fix for it:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7122

However, I cannot replicate the missing template bug, even after following your instructions on both Win32 and Linux.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26375 is a reply to message #26365] Tue, 19 July 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

thanks for the effort, and yes, the warning message has disappeared. Unfortunately, the missing template error did not. Sad

Sven
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26376 is a reply to message #26375] Tue, 19 July 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure why that message is happening, I absolutely cannot replicate the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26377 is a reply to message #26375] Tue, 19 July 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi once again.

Now i did a new clean install on my sandbox system and did not import my datadump. No problems with path_info, everything worked fine. Once I imported the datadump -> same situation as before.

Is it possible to take over the current running forum's data (users, messages etc.) into a new, clean install without taking over the settings and other stuff also included into the datadump?

Might that be a solution to my problem?

Regards,
Sven
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26379 is a reply to message #26377] Tue, 19 July 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What version of the forum was the data dump running?
Have you tried running the upgrade script on top of the forum with the data dump imported?

With the info you've provided I suspect datadump comes from an older version, which is missing a template, resulting in the error you are seeing.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26504 is a reply to message #26379] Sat, 23 July 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

on my first try, both versions 2.6.13 (dumping and importing forum); then update to 2.6.15 on both sides, new dump.

Now I did another dump of my live forum and tried to import it into the newly installed forum (both 2.6.15); result: error ("Document contains no data", which is a bit strange for a file several MB big) and the forum does not work anymore (the sql-tables seem to be broken); login into the admin area is no longer possible (I get my password thrown back at me - though it's definitely correct).

Sven

P.S.: If a look at my live installation would help, I would share my login-data with you (FTP only) and/or provide you with admin-access to my forum.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 July 2005 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: error when trying to create path_info based theme [message #26506 is a reply to message #26504] Sat, 23 July 2005 18:52 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like the script timed out before getting the chance to complete the data import. Try doing it on the command line.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Failed upgrade?
Next Topic: 2.6.15 with old datadump
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 27 13:04:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02646 seconds