FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Can't turn off anonymous email posts
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can't turn off anonymous email posts [message #26533] Mon, 25 July 2005 15:56 Go to next message
jhogue is currently offline  jhogue   United States
I have all anonymous user permissions set to No for the forum.

I have Create New Users set to No in the mailing list rule.

Anonymous users can still post to the forum.

any ideas?

-J

v2.6.15

Create New Users:
...If this option is set to 'No', then all imported mailing list messages who's authors cannot be matched against existing forum members will be attributed to the anonymous user. ... -> I want them Rejected.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 July 2005 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can't turn off anonymous email posts [message #26537 is a reply to message #26533] Mon, 25 July 2005 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When it comes to importing mailing list messages normal group permissions are not being applied. This means that despite disabling anonymous posting, messages from ML that cannot be attributed to existing users will still be imported.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon7.gif  Re: Can't turn off anonymous email posts [message #26718 is a reply to message #26537] Fri, 05 August 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jhogue is currently offline  jhogue   United States
I hired Ilia to modify my installation to block anonymous posts. It seems to work fine.

I haven't combed the code to see what he changed.

Jeff
Re: Can't turn off anonymous email posts [message #186478 is a reply to message #26537] Wed, 20 August 2014 16:26 Go to previous message
zbob is currently offline  zbob   United States
Hi Ilia, I think we are having a similar problem. I have anonymous posting turned off in the groups but there are still a few posts that somehow get through. In fact there appears to have one weird one recently that shows "Anonymous" posted on 31, December 1969 as the last message in one of our forum topics. In fact that topic is now not working correctly. We get invalid link errors for every post in that section.

Any suggestions would be welcome. If this is a serious problem can we hire you to assist us to fix it?

Thanks
Bob
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: uploaded pictures won't show
Next Topic: Need Fudforum consultant
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 01:50:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01857 seconds