FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Thumbnails in post
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Thumbnails in post [message #26756] Tue, 09 August 2005 14:39 Go to next message
Anonymous   United Kingdom
Hi,

A while ago I asked in the hacks forum if there was a hack to upload pictures and convert them to thumbnails automatically but there were no replies.

I'd like to suggest this as a future mod to FUDforum.

The idea is that when you upload an image, it has a thumbnail made "on the fly". If you opt to include the image in your post, the code that's added to the message points to the thumbnail with the original image as a target.

What do you think?

Cheers.

Andy.
Re: Thumbnails in post [message #26757 is a reply to message #26756] Tue, 09 August 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The answer is now, making thumbnails is a SLOW process that requires rarely available utilities and/or external utilities. Plus it fails to work properly with animated gifs.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Thumbnails in post [message #26763 is a reply to message #26757] Wed, 10 August 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acollins22 is currently offline  acollins22   United Kingdom
Hi Ilia,

Thanks for your reply.Sorry I forgot to log in so posted anonymously.

I take your point about animated GIFs but I would still like the feature. Perhaps it could check to see if the file is animated and not bother if that's the case.

As for the time involved, I think a config switch would be appropriate so sites that don't need it wouldn't have to use it.

I think I'd like to have a go at this myself. Could you point me at the modules involved with message posting?

Thanks again.

Andy.
Re: Thumbnails in post [message #26764 is a reply to message #26763] Wed, 10 August 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
post.php.t is the file that handles uploading of the message and drawmsg.inc.t the displaying of it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Thumbnails in post [message #26765 is a reply to message #26764] Wed, 10 August 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acollins22 is currently offline  acollins22   United Kingdom
Thanks Ilia,

I'll have a look and if I come up with anything I'll post in "Hacks"

Cheers.

Andy.

Re: Thumbnails in post [message #26871 is a reply to message #26765] Thu, 18 August 2005 16:08 Go to previous message
Anonymous   United States
Imageshack allows you to put their upload form into your site or forum. You might get some ideas by looking at their code.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Unread topics Forum Icon
Next Topic: hr tag for FUDcode
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 17 08:45:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02716 seconds