FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Digest Subscription - receive mail once per day
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Digest Subscription - receive mail once per day [message #27133] Sun, 28 August 2005 10:11 Go to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
If not too difficult, please consider implementing this request:

Quote:

Is their a way to receive all forum messages for a specific subscription rolled up and email to me once per day? I am receiving too many single emails in my inbox.

I know their must be a way to do this, but I can not find it.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Digest Subscription - receive mail once per day [message #27139 is a reply to message #27133] Sun, 28 August 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There is one implementational difficulty with what you ask and that is "once per day" timing. To properly do that a cron or a win32 task schedualing job is needed that would run everyday at some preset time.

However, FUDforum as a web app often runs in situations where such facilities are simply unavailable.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Digest Subscription - receive mail once per day [message #27151 is a reply to message #27139] Mon, 29 August 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I wouldn't mind running a cron job for forum maintenance. In fact, it would be preferred as one can lower priority to ensure it doesn't interfere with on-line users.

However, I can imagine that some users might have a problem with it.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Digest Subscription - receive mail once per day [message #35055 is a reply to message #27133] Mon, 04 December 2006 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zevs is currently offline  zevs   Israel
Any instructions on how to go about setting this up?
Zev
Re: Digest Subscription - receive mail once per day [message #35058 is a reply to message #35055] Mon, 04 December 2006 17:19 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can fetch latest messages via FUDAPI or the RSS feed and then write a simple wrapper to e-mail them to forum users, who's e-mails you can fetch via FUDAPI as well.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: No more scrolling up when applying style to a message
Next Topic: context-sensitive search
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 13:37:30 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02805 seconds