FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » PHP discussions » posting limitation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
posting limitation [message #27714] Thu, 22 September 2005 17:02 Go to next message
nobodyski   United States
Hi,

I like your forum software. But can you add feature where I can control how many posting newbies or other group membership can post each day or hour? And later (lets say 45 days of probation period or whatever days setting of my choice), they get to graduate from NEWBIES automatically to the regular USERGROUP1 and can post more by whatever group post limit is allowed for that group. I think this will controll the trolls problem on my site. Thanks.

S

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 22:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: posting limitation [message #27716 is a reply to message #27714] Thu, 22 September 2005 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can already do that, but it is set for an ENTIRE forum, not for a particular group.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: posting limitation [message #27719 is a reply to message #27716] Thu, 22 September 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nobodyski   United States
I know. Are you still going to create this group posting limitation feature? I think this feature will prevent trolls from plastering site with so many accounts and junk postings in a few min because each new account they create can only post once a day. If they try to outsmart by creating a lot of accounts, then I will IP ban them.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 22:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: posting limitation [message #27780 is a reply to message #27719] Mon, 26 September 2005 13:46 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I have no plans to add this limiter at this time. But, if there is a sufficient demand for it in the future I may integrate it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: PHP 4.4.0
Next Topic: config file
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:42:56 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02328 seconds