FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » user cant edit Profile
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
user cant edit Profile [message #28539] Sat, 29 October 2005 17:09 Go to next message
Fred.de is currently offline  Fred.de   Greece

hallo,

now we can write in thr Forum but all user cant edit his owen Profil.

if i push the button Profil i see the Profil grund site now i push the button "Einstellungen" after push the button the fudforum go to the mainsite Sad

Gruß
Fred

P.S:
same problem in:
Einstellungen

Abonnements

Buddyliste

Ignorierliste

Show Own Posts

Private Nachricht

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2005 18:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28540 is a reply to message #28539] Sat, 29 October 2005 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ulsc is currently offline  ulsc   Germany
Hello everyone,

just to introduce myself: I'm Co-Admin in the mentioned board and mostly short of time, so Fred has to work out most things alone. Sad

But just today I spent a few minutes and found out, that all the links in the profile section work fine, if you remove the last part of the linked URL, the string '&S='.

Now my question is:
- What is this for?
- Is it needed?
And if not:
- Where can it be removed?

Thanks for your support
Uli

Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28541 is a reply to message #28540] Sat, 29 October 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It is needed for passing URL sessions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28546 is a reply to message #28539] Sun, 30 October 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,
thanks for your reply.

Maybe its really a bug we found. This comes to my mind as I have changed the forum configuration to 'PATH_INFO style URLs' and disabled URL session (we had problems in an earlier test environment using egroupware, as users posted Links which contained the session info - and those who followed the links we suddenly logged in with the account of the link creator...not really good, if an Admin set the link and lots of users get admin rights incidentally). Shocked

These PATH_INFO style URLs work fine everywhere in the forum - except the profile menu. The links in the menu bar are (except the admin area) the only ones I found not to have PATH_INFO style. But while the links in the admin area HAVE a session number all links in the profile area have NO session number behind the '&S='.
Maybe that's the reason for the problem?

Any idea?

Thanks for your help
Uli

P.S.
Maybe you move this thread to the appropriate forum... as it is not really an installation problem, isn't it? Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28564 is a reply to message #28546] Mon, 31 October 2005 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you using a stock FUDforum at the moment or the one found in eGroupware?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28575 is a reply to message #28564] Mon, 31 October 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
it's the actual standalone version.

In the eGroupware (1.00.03) last year we ran into inconsistences between the eGW and the FUD accounts during testing. So we try it now without eGW...

Thanks
Uli
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28611 is a reply to message #28575] Tue, 01 November 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you 100% certain that URL sessions are disabled, on my test system here these urls work fine and they have S= too without a value.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28614 is a reply to message #28611] Wed, 02 November 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,
it's just like I described it. URL sessions are disabled.

I just enabled them to test it - and the profile area worked fine. I disabled them again - and the same problem reappeared.

Is there any dependency from another setting?

Uli
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28678 is a reply to message #28614] Fri, 04 November 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you pm me access credentials to your forum so i can analyze the problem. I cannot replicate on my development board.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28681 is a reply to message #28539] Fri, 04 November 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hay ilia,

i send you the data via pm.

fred
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #28849 is a reply to message #28539] Sun, 13 November 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

moin,

move to top .....

fred
icon5.gif  Re: user cant edit Profile [message #29148 is a reply to message #28849] Thu, 01 December 2005 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
papaminimaus is currently offline  papaminimaus   Germany
Hi Everyone,

we still encounter the problem. Is it possible to remove the S= in the templates?
I was able to remove it in the php, but every time i rebuild the theme the changes get lost.

Hope anyone can help,

Arne
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #29156 is a reply to message #29148] Fri, 02 December 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Disable URL sessions.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #29164 is a reply to message #29156] Fri, 02 December 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,
like I wrote in this thread five weeks ago: URL sessions ARE disabled!

Hope we will get this problem solved soon - it's the last real show stopper before going public.

Best regards
Uli

P.S.
We have 100-200 postings every day and several hundereds of hard core users. We do not want to launch a weak forum software!
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #29167 is a reply to message #29164] Fri, 02 December 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try this patch (be sure to rebuild the theme after you apply it)
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=7469

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #29229 is a reply to message #29167] Mon, 05 December 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
papaminimaus is currently offline  papaminimaus   Germany
Hi Ilja,

the patch worked fine. Thanks a lot.

Is there anything similar for the search page? If we dont set an author to search for, we encounter the same problem with &author= at the end of the command-line...

I tried to code it like the patch in search.php.t, but it didn't work out...

Hope You can help,

Arne
Re: user cant edit Profile [message #29233 is a reply to message #29229] Mon, 05 December 2005 15:46 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The issue of field= without a value causing a problem is not a forum problem. There is no issue with leaving fields blank, something on your server, possibly mod_rewrite causes those links to break.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: install results in blank page
Next Topic: Registration fails
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:39:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02628 seconds