FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » ARG !! HELP ME !
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28668] Fri, 04 November 2005 16:48 Go to next message
mnemonic is currently offline  mnemonic   Denmark
I ran a Compact messages job on my forum, and now nothing is working .. I have this output from the job running.

Disabling the forum for the duration of maintenance run

Please wait while forum is being compacted.
This may take a while depending on the size of your forum.
Compacting normal messages...

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/include/theme/default/db.inc on line 128
100% Done
Compacting private messages...

Warning: fopen(/service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/messages/private): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/include/theme/default/private.inc on line 197

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/include/theme/default/private.inc on line 198

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/include/theme/default/private.inc on line 199

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/include/theme/default/private.inc on line 200
FATAL ERROR: system has ran out of disk space

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

I can ADD that I have 58 GB free space left on that partition, and no partitions are full ..

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2005 16:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28669 is a reply to message #28668] Fri, 04 November 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arg .. More horror.

I notices that mysql service was not running, forum must have crashed it.

I can now access the forum, but there are no text in any of the messages.

Only these errors in the forum topics.

Warning: fopen(/service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/messages/msg_40000): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/theme/default/msg.php on line 528

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/theme/default/msg.php on line 541

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/theme/default/msg.php on line 542

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/theme/default/msg.php on line 541

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /service/www/htdocs/essentia/forum/theme/default/msg.php on line 542

Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28676 is a reply to message #28669] Fri, 04 November 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What version of the forum are you running?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28683 is a reply to message #28668] Fri, 04 November 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUDforum 2.7.2
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28697 is a reply to message #28683] Sat, 05 November 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
There is a problem with compactor in 2.7.2 you need to upgrade to 2.7.3

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28707 is a reply to message #28697] Sun, 06 November 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I upgrade, will it fix all my messages?
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28709 is a reply to message #28668] Sun, 06 November 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did like you said and upgraded my forum. The Compacter still does not work.

It complains about disk space and then crashes my mysql.

I am still missing all messages in the forum. All topic are there and files in messages, but nothing in body.

Is all lost.
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #28787 is a reply to message #28709] Fri, 11 November 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The upgrade only fixes the bug, it does not restore the messages.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #32718 is a reply to message #28787] Mon, 17 July 2006 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
Ilia wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 07:51

The upgrade only fixes the bug, it does not restore the messages.

OK, how does one restore the messages?
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #32721 is a reply to message #32718] Mon, 17 July 2006 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Backups.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: ARG !! HELP ME ! [message #32723 is a reply to message #32721] Mon, 17 July 2006 19:19 Go to previous message
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
Ilia wrote on Mon, 17 July 2006 12:16

Backups.

A backup was scheduled for about a half hour before I ran the message compactor, but it has just now completed. I'm hoping the problem didn't carry over to the backup.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation Error
Next Topic: FUDforum incompatible with phpsuexec
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon May 06 17:26:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02115 seconds