FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » General Hacking Recommendation please
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
General Hacking Recommendation please [message #29831] Wed, 18 January 2006 12:32 Go to next message
boroda is currently offline  boroda   Russian Federation
Is there some reccomendations on how to hack forum scripts, i.e. some good practices? Which file should I edit to implement something? I guess it should be the template file, isn't it? Just place there the function calls and the include of the core hack file - is it right?

This is what hack I want to create.
I want to implement the possibility for moderators to semi-authomatically send wellcome messages to newbies. I.e. moderator looks at the new registered users list, marks checkboxes, seclect the wellcome message from the repository and click the "send" button.

Thank you.
Re: General Hacking Recommendation please [message #29835 is a reply to message #29831] Wed, 18 January 2006 14:13 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When making modification always apply your changes to *.t files in the src/ directory and to change the layout edit the *.tmpl files. Be sure to remember to rebuild the theme after your modifications.

In your case it sounds like you'd want to patch finduser.php.t script and finduser.tmpl template.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Looking for hack...
Next Topic: Picture's Popup
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri May 03 03:17:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06159 seconds