FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Installation database creation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation database creation [message #30641] Mon, 06 March 2006 17:58 Go to next message
sshubert is currently offline  sshubert   United States
I do not understand what it means to creat a database. Is that something I can do on any web server? Do I have to contact my hosting company and get a different login and password other than the one I use for my web site?

Thanks.
Re: Installation database creation [message #30643 is a reply to message #30641] Mon, 06 March 2006 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Generally speaking a hosting company provides you with a database and then you simply tell the forum how to access that database during the install process.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation database creation [message #30645 is a reply to message #30643] Mon, 06 March 2006 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sshubert is currently offline  sshubert   United States
Although I have made many web sites since 1995 I guess I have never had to deal with using a database.

Do I just make a folder on my server, give it permissions and use that as a database or is it something other than that?
Re: Installation database creation [message #30653 is a reply to message #30645] Tue, 07 March 2006 14:19 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No, the database is either MySQL or PostgreSQL database. To access it 4 parameters are neeeded "host, login, password and the database" if you don't know their values ask your ISP.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: sys_id
Next Topic: Import Datadump - Page cannot be found
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:19:10 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14696 seconds