FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Warning: gzuncompress(): data error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30735] Sat, 11 March 2006 23:15 Go to next message
Jelly is currently offline  Jelly   United Kingdom
Hi, I just tried installing fud for the first time, I have the latest version.
I got the following error. Any help would be great, thanks.

Warning: gzuncompress(): data error in /home/jelly2/public_html/nuke/fud/install.php on line 547
Failed decompressing the archive
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30746 is a reply to message #30735] Sun, 12 March 2006 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Try the non-zlib version (that's the one without the "zl" in the filename).

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30751 is a reply to message #30735] Sun, 12 March 2006 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply, i just tried that and got this error.

Archive did not pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!
If you've encountered this error it means that you've:
downloaded a corrupt archive
uploaded the archive in ASCII and not BINARY mode
your FTP Server/Decompression software/Operating System added un-needed cartrige return (' ') characters to the archive, resulting in archive corruption.
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30756 is a reply to message #30735] Sun, 12 March 2006 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, we have the forum installed and working. However we are now having problems converting our old phpbb2 forum. Our site is phpnuke and the config.php is part of nuke I think, not just the forums. Does this sound right ? and if so how can we work around it ?

We are getting the following error now, we converted phpnuke to phpbb and ran the phpbb to Fud converter and got this

Finished Importing Avatar Galleries, 130 avatars improted
Importing Users 1212
(/home/jelly2/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:73
/home/jelly2/FUDforum/include/theme/default/db.inc:133
/home/jelly2/public_html/FUD/phpBB2.php:258
) 1054: Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT MAX(id) FROM jelly2_nuke2.nuke_bbusers
Server Version: 4.0.25-standard

[Updated on: Sun, 12 March 2006 22:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30764 is a reply to message #30735] Mon, 13 March 2006 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, we got it all sorted in the end, everything is converted over and working perfect. The forum is fast and has all the functions we need.
Just got a question or two, I cant for the life of me find how to turn off anonymous posting(ive been staring at it all day), so users have to register to post, can someone enlighten me please ?
Also should I choose to, how i can I set it so that users have to register to see the forum ?
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30789 is a reply to message #30764] Mon, 13 March 2006 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You go into the group manager (linked from the front page) and take away the post/reply permissions for anon. user.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30797 is a reply to message #30735] Tue, 14 March 2006 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again for that, worked perfect.

Next question, I edited the template, colors mostly. On the category page the cell padding is white, however when I click onto a forum and into a thread, once I enter that forum or thread the cell padding is the same color as the background. I want to get the cell padding/border white like it is on category page. On the category page the the cell padding is not set to be the same as the background like it is in the threads. Any ideas ?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 March 2006 03:27]

Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30800 is a reply to message #30797] Tue, 14 March 2006 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to rebuild the theme for your change to take effect.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30820 is a reply to message #30735] Wed, 15 March 2006 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is that on the index page of the forum were the forum categories are, the cell padding is white, there is a white border around each forum section, even though the background isn't white.
Once you enter a forum, the cell padding is the same color as the background you set. This isn't white, so the forum looks different once you enter a forum from the category index. I can't figure out how to fix this, any ideas ?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 March 2006 23:46]

Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30831 is a reply to message #30820] Thu, 16 March 2006 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you show a me a screenshot of what you are referring to?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Warning: gzuncompress(): data error [message #30837 is a reply to message #30735] Fri, 17 March 2006 01:51 Go to previous message
I managed to sort it, thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 17 March 2006 01:52]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Import Datadump - Page cannot be found
Next Topic: issue installing...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:45:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03287 seconds