FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Templating System: mapping screen to *.tmpl files
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Templating System: mapping screen to *.tmpl files [message #31152] Wed, 05 April 2006 13:25 Go to next message
armenias is currently offline  armenias   Italy
Hi everybody,

i'm having difficulties in understanding in which *.tmpl files are contained some of the features that can be accessed in the forum in order to modify them. For example, I found out how to modify the header, the footer, the CSS, the date and time as well as the "logged in" user menu (usercp.tmpl), but i haven't been able to find out how to modify the menu in the home page... Anyone knows which .tmpl file should I edit and modify? This brings me to the main argument of this topic: is there anyone who has mapped the .tmpl files, editable from the administrator control panel, to the relative objects in the forum? In fact the names of most of those .tmpl files are quite obscure to me... *:(

Please help me..!

Bye,
Stefano
Re: Templating System: mapping screen to *.tmpl files [message #31154 is a reply to message #31152] Wed, 05 April 2006 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Try Index.
Re: Templating System: mapping screen to *.tmpl files [message #31170 is a reply to message #31152] Thu, 06 April 2006 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The menu is found inside the usercp.tmpl template, searching the forum archives will tell you the location of most common templates.

Template editor built-in to the forum also contains information about most template files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Templating System: mapping screen to *.tmpl files [message #31334 is a reply to message #31170] Tue, 18 April 2006 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus   United States
The other day, I was seriously thinking about making a hot zone image map with help tips pointing to various .tmpl files depending on the zone under the mouse cursor. That would be pretty handy.
Re: Templating System: mapping screen to *.tmpl files [message #31338 is a reply to message #31334] Tue, 18 April 2006 13:42 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That's be very cool, I'd be happy to help figure out templates that you cannot place.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: File permissions
Next Topic: Unable to delete single message
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 11 11:51:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02558 seconds