FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Getting images out of a message.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Getting images out of a message. [message #32132] Sat, 10 June 2006 11:58 Go to next message
acollins22 is currently offline  acollins22   United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I've written a small piece of code for the front page of my site [url]www.hovercraft.org.uk[.url] to extract messages from an "Announcement" forum using fudAPI.

It works very well except that any in-line images don't load. Looking a the source it looks as if the '&' chars have been turned into their HTML equivs i.e. "&"

As I'm using the fud_fetch_msg function to get the message, I'm assuming the FUD itself has a way to sort this out as the messages display perfectly in the announcement forum, just not on the front page.

Please can someone help me out here with a solution.

Thanks.

Andy.
Re: Getting images out of a message. [message #32133 is a reply to message #32132] Sun, 11 June 2006 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
& inside an href or src tag is actually fine and will be parsed properly by the browser. What you need to make sure that the path to index.php?t=getfile is pointing @ the file.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Getting images out of a message. [message #32143 is a reply to message #32133] Mon, 12 June 2006 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ilia,

Thanks for that reply. I've corrected the path but still I can't see the image. At least not very often Rolling Eyes Sometimes it does show up, I'd say about 1 in 10 reloads.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andy.

Re: Getting images out of a message. [message #32144 is a reply to message #32143] Mon, 12 June 2006 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What is the FULL url to the image?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Getting images out of a message. [message #32145 is a reply to message #32144] Mon, 12 June 2006 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Also, do you have "Attachment Referrer Check" setting enabled (if it is, disable it).

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Getting images out of a message. [message #32146 is a reply to message #32145] Mon, 12 June 2006 14:18 Go to previous message
Hi Ilia,

Quote:

Also, do you have "Attachment Referrer Check" setting enabled (if it is, disable it).

That was it thank you.

I turned that off and it's working fine now.

All the best.

Andy.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Help with minitokyo.net
Next Topic: Message autosave hack
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 11:01:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03946 seconds