FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Fetch search-results via API ?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Fetch search-results via API ? [message #32476] Tue, 04 July 2006 11:41 Go to next message
!alex is currently offline  !alex   Germany
Hi,

i`d like to integrate search-results from my forum to some article-detail pages.

I found the table fud25_search but no idea how/where the topics are linked against the words listed there.

Is there an api-function to fetch results for a keyword or combination of keywords into an array ?

It would be perfect if only threads - not single messages - would be returned to link to them from the shop-pages.

For example, imagine an article named 'foo'.
So it would be enough to receive an array with all the thread-id`s 'foo' is mentioned using the search-engine from the forum.

If this is not possible with the api also a hint what files to include and what methods/functions to call would be great !

Thanks,
Alex
Re: Fetch search-results via API ? [message #32486 is a reply to message #32476] Tue, 04 July 2006 19:30 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unfortunately there is no FUDAPI at this time for this, however you can copy & paste the necessary code from search.php.t and isearch.inc.t With 2-3 functions from there you pretty much have all you need.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Message autosave hack
Next Topic: "Last visit" in "members"
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 10:38:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02277 seconds