FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Message Posting Summary
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Message Posting Summary [message #32696] Sat, 15 July 2006 09:43 Go to next message
aleman   United Kingdom
Thanks for all the help with my problems so far.

One thing that I would like to see is a summary of messages posted by month for each year something along the lines of

Jan Feb Mar Apr Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2006 500 345 435 400 . . . . . .

Two ways of doing it that I can see.

Table with a total posts in the month, current month updated when user posts. Crude Inelegant but simple Smile
Generate it dynamically with a Single SQL Statement. I know that I could probably pull it together using MS SQL TSQL syntax, but I doubt if its compatible with mySQL.

--
Aleman
Re: Message Posting Summary [message #32726 is a reply to message #32696] Mon, 17 July 2006 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I see that as a case-by-case requirement and no plans to add it into the stock forum. As far as implementing this, if you are using MySQL 5.0 the best way to do it would be a separate table that gets automatically updated by a trigger on the msg table.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Message Posting Summary [message #32731 is a reply to message #32726] Mon, 17 July 2006 21:11 Go to previous message
aleman   United Kingdom
OK I'm probably off to get down and dirty with some SQL code . . . . Never thought my day job would come in handy with this web lark Razz

Unfortunatly my host has had a filer failure, and are in the process of replacing it . . . Going to have to wait for a while Sad

--
Aleman
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Mailing List to Web Board Suggestion
Next Topic: Redirecting suggestion
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 08:05:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02624 seconds