FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » uninstall.php extremely dangerous!!!
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  uninstall.php extremely dangerous!!! [message #32732] Mon, 17 July 2006 21:32 Go to next message
ateicos is currently offline  ateicos   Italy
this morning i've uninstalled FUDforum through che uninstall.php file. i've get a result page "cannot delete these files... ". what a surprise! the undeleted files where in my documents folder!

all photos, project, documents and mores where permanently deleted by uninstall.php!

i know i'm the only responsable of this action. i'm tring to rescue deleted data.

so, if you have to uninstall FUDforum, please remove manually every files, directory and mysql table.
Re: uninstall.php extremely dangerous!!! [message #32734 is a reply to message #32732] Mon, 17 July 2006 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
uninstall.php removes all files from the specified directory, so yes you have to extremely careful when using it since all files and directories will be removed from the specified path.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: uninstall.php extremely dangerous!!! [message #32746 is a reply to message #32734] Tue, 18 July 2006 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ateicos is currently offline  ateicos   Italy
Ilia ha scritto mar, 18 luglio 2006 01:44

uninstall.php removes all files from the specified directory, so yes you have to extremely careful when using it since all files and directories will be removed from the specified path.

i think this file have to be remove from the package.
the alternative is to alert users about what it do!

write in the "README" file "to uninstall remove manually folders and tables in FUDforum"
Re: uninstall.php extremely dangerous!!! [message #33222 is a reply to message #32746] Fri, 18 August 2006 19:30 Go to previous message
Ajay is currently offline  Ajay   Canada
ateicos wrote on Tue, 18 July 2006 08:30

Ilia ha scritto mar, 18 luglio 2006 01:44

i think this file have to be remove from the package.
the alternative is to alert users about what it do!

write in the "README" file "to uninstall remove manually folders and tables in FUDforum"

Yesterday I removed the Fudforum by use of uninstall.php. The FUDforum was located on my hosting server at a co location. After running the uninstall I noticed MY WEBSITE WAS NOT LONGER THERE. I checked the web-directory via FTP and there was no html files in sight.

I had to call my hosting company and had them refer to the backups in order to restore my site. If it had a read me under the uninstall directory this would of been helpful.

All I can think of that went wrong was during the uninstall it asked for the directory in which the Forum was located (optional to leave blank) and I used the http://mycompany.com/FudForum/ location and I think that's what did it.

6hrs Later my site was back up.

Please revise this uninstall.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 August 2006 19:33]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: install problem of WWW_ROOT
Next Topic: SQL error when logging out
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun May 05 04:01:35 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02879 seconds