FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Viewing the same message from different threads
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon3.gif  Viewing the same message from different threads [message #32869] Fri, 28 July 2006 14:56 Go to next message
larian is currently offline  larian   Belgium
Hello,

I'm looking for forum software which would allow me to do the following:

a) When creating a message, the (anomynous) user has the option to select a number of keywords from a list of specific keywords.

b) Depending on the keyword(s) associated with a message, the message should pop up in different threads.

So for example, say I create a message and have two combo boxes from which I can select a number of keywords e.g. age and gender. The forum would then be organized in different categories, each category having a number of threads e.g.

0) General
1) Girls related
2) Boys related
3) Teens related
4) Senior adults related

If I post a message in category 0 general and indicate that the message is for girls who are younger than 20, then I'd like to see the message pop up in 0), 1) and 3)

If I post a message in 1), then it would automatically assumed that this message is for girls and the only option I'd need to select is age. Likewise, if I select categroy 3 (teens), then I'd only need to select gender.

Would this be possible with fudforum ?

Many thanks,

Lar
Re: Viewing the same message from different threads [message #32872 is a reply to message #32869] Fri, 28 July 2006 15:01 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
As you can probably guess FUDforum (nor any other forum I know) supports this type of functionality out of the box. That said, what you are saying is certainly doable in FUDforum with some amount of hacking.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: "Last visit" in "members"
Next Topic: run_maillist.c : Run Mailling List As A Particular User (NOBODY)
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 08 21:43:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02125 seconds