FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Category weirdness
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Category weirdness [message #32955] Sun, 06 August 2006 21:32 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
I have a new moderator in my forums - she moderates all of the forums in a particular category.

When she visits a thread in a category where she is not a moderator (just regular user privileges), and then clicks on the category name from the top of that thread to view its forums, it brings up a list of forums in both the category she is visiting and the forums in the category where she is a moderator.

I have been unable to duplicate the problem, but she has gone to threads in various other categories and verified that it happens in each of them.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea what the cause could be?
Re: Category weirdness [message #32957 is a reply to message #32955] Mon, 07 August 2006 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note -- I just had another of my moderators test the scenario (select category link from flat thread view) and he reports the same effect. Along with the category he clicked, he gets the forums of which he is the moderator.

These moderators are both also group leaders, controlling the set of the forums they moderate within their groups. (Each moderator has one group which has as resources all of the forums in the category they moderate.)

Moderators who are admins are not affected, nor are regular users.
Re: Category weirdness [message #32973 is a reply to message #32957] Mon, 07 August 2006 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS, here is the patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11538

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Category weirdness [message #32989 is a reply to message #32973] Tue, 08 August 2006 04:25 Go to previous message
Thanks!
Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: *upgrade.zip archive is contains only installer not upgrade script
Next Topic: Minor irritation
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:38:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02288 seconds