FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » NNTP newsgroup import with attachment
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33220] Fri, 18 August 2006 15:26 Go to next message
jcarter is currently offline  jcarter   United States
FUDforum 2.7.5

I get this bug when trying to import a message from newsgroup with an attachment:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /var/www/forum/FUDforumData/include/theme/default/wordwrap.inc on line 37

I tried increasing memory to 30 Meg in php.ini, it still fails on the same message with attachment.

If you want to reproduce the problem:

NTTP Server: news.barkto.com
group: homeless.nthelp

Try to bring in entire group. I *think* it fails around message #1557 with attachments. The entire group contains about 2300 messages with few attachments.
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33221 is a reply to message #33220] Fri, 18 August 2006 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
How big is the attachment? Would it be possible to send me the raw content of that message as a text file (compressed if its too big to send directly)?

I suspect the problem is that import script is failing to separate text from the attachment (which is quite large) and then trying to treat it as a message.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33227 is a reply to message #33221] Sun, 20 August 2006 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Fri, 18 August 2006 14:11

How big is the attachment? Would it be possible to send me the raw content of that message as a text file (compressed if its too big to send directly)?

I suspect the problem is that import script is failing to separate text from the attachment (which is quite large) and then trying to treat it as a message.

There are 3 attachments, totaling about 500K. I can also send some smaller examples where the attachments did not come across as attachments.

Should I send them via the Forum E-mail? I could not figure out how to get your E-mail directly. Or you can send me your E-mail address at bgillman _at_ hotmail _dot_ com
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33228 is a reply to message #33227] Sun, 20 August 2006 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Just make a zip file and and attach it to your reply.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33240 is a reply to message #33220] Mon, 21 August 2006 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I've attached the problem message, and an HTML message that doesn't show up the HTML as attachments. It's not mandatory to render the HTML, but at least put the HTML as an attachment.
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33243 is a reply to message #33240] Mon, 21 August 2006 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Unless your forum is configured to allow HTML message formatting the forum will use the plain-text version of the message or if one is unavailable the HTML version will be posted with HTML stripped.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33245 is a reply to message #33240] Mon, 21 August 2006 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is the patch that fixes attachment parsing in malformed nntp messages.
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11557

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NNTP newsgroup import with attachment [message #33251 is a reply to message #33245] Mon, 21 August 2006 21:39 Go to previous message
The CVS patch fixed the problem. Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Redirect to User Adminstration System
Next Topic: Missing Charset Content-Type declaration in NNTP Posts
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:12:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02470 seconds