FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic?
Show: Today's Messages :: Unread Messages :: Show Polls :: Message Navigator
| Subscribe to topic | Bookmark topic 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic? [message #33394 is a reply to message #33390] Wed, 30 August 2006 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
add to buddy list
ignore all messages by this user
Well, $bcc should contain e-mails of other recipients while $header contains the info identifying the message and multi-part. What error do you get on send?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic? [message #33401 is a reply to message #31787] Wed, 30 August 2006 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ky@smi is currently offline  ky@smi   Denmark
add to buddy list
Hi Ilia,
Well, I'm really, really frustrated right now. I can't seem to get the multipart mime to work. The mail() sends messages, but they get scrambled into base64 encoding on the way out. What's really frustrating is that I saved the $to, $subj, $headers, $body to a text file, and if I run a small test code outside EGW and fudforum:

<?php
$to=file_get_contents("to.txt");
$subj=file_get_contents("subj.txt");
$header=file_get_contents("header.txt");
$body=file_get_contents("body.txt");

mail($to,$subj,$body,$header);
?>

It works. $to, $subj, $header, $body are not altered by the file_put_contents()...as far as I can tell, looking at its content in a hexeditor. Moreover, if I do

file_put_contents("to.txt",$to);
$to1=file_get_contents("to.txt");

and so on and mail($to1,$subj1,$body1,$header1) within the send_notification() or send_email() routine, the email is once again scrambled. Finally, taking a small piece of code that generates multipart MIME emails properly, and pasting it inside either send_notification() or send_email(), so it executes when I post a message in fudforum, it generates a scrambled email. It is as if there are two different mail() functions being called. One within EGW-fudforum, and another when called from outside.

It's all very mysterious....and I'm getting very close to abandoning multipart MIME emails, and going it with only plain text.
Re: How to include ALL of text in email notifications to those subscribed to a topic? [message #33411 is a reply to message #33401] Thu, 31 August 2006 06:32 Go to previous message
ky@smi is currently offline  ky@smi   Denmark
add to buddy list
Hi Ilia,
Well...although it doesn't work on my linux box, it does work on the server, and that's all that matters.

Thanks for all your help.
Quick Reply
Formatting Tools:   
Pages (2): [ «    1  2]  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Signature doesn't show up when i post through mail
Next Topic: Posting and reading by email
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 02:15:09 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00871 seconds