FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » RDF with user authentication produces sql-error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
RDF with user authentication produces sql-error [message #33728] Mon, 18 September 2006 15:06 Go to next message
Erunni is currently offline  Erunni   Germany
Hi,

I tried to enable the RDF Feed for my forum. It is a private forum, so I enabled user authentication and set the user to "acturos".

The only thing I get is an sql error:

(/home/www/web7/html/forum/rdf.php:95
/home/www/web7/html/forum/rdf.php:454
) 1054: Unknown column 'acturos' in 'on clause'
Query: SELECT m.*, u.alias, t.forum_id, p.name AS poll_name, p.total_votes, m2.subject AS th_subject, m3.subject AS reply_subject, f.name AS frm_name, c.name AS cat_name FROM fud23_msg m INNER JOIN fud23_thread t ON m.thread_id=t.id INNER JOIN fud23_forum f ON t.forum_id=f.id INNER JOIN fud23_cat c ON c.id=f.cat_id INNER JOIN fud23_msg m2 ON t.root_msg_id=m2.id LEFT JOIN fud23_msg m3 ON m3.id=m.reply_to LEFT JOIN fud23_users u ON m.poster_id=u.id LEFT JOIN fud23_poll p ON m.poll_id=p.id INNER JOIN fud23_group_cache g1 ON g1.user_id=2147483647 AND g1.resource_id=f.id LEFT JOIN fud23_group_cache g2 ON g2.user_id=acturos AND g2.resource_id=f.id LEFT JOIN fud23_mod mm ON mm.forum_id=f.id AND mm.user_id=acturos WHERE t.moved_to=0 AND m.apr=1 AND t.last_post_date >=1158159766 AND (mm.id IS NOT NULL OR (COALESCE(g2.group_cache_opt, g1.group_cache_opt) & 2) > 0) ORDER BY m.post_stamp DESC LIMIT 0,10
_GET: array ( 'mode' => 'm', 'l' => '1', 'n' => '10', 'basic' => '1', )
Server Version: 4.0.24_Debian-10sarge2-log

I use fudform 2.6.5. Is there anyway I can fix that? Thank You!
Re: RDF with user authentication produces sql-error [message #33732 is a reply to message #33728] Mon, 18 September 2006 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It looks like you put the username NOT the needed user id inside the RSS control panel option that makes feed come through a particular forum account.
This subsequently causes the query to fail.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: RDF with user authentication produces sql-error [message #33748 is a reply to message #33732] Mon, 18 September 2006 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick reply. It works perfectly now.

One thing still bothers me. My forum does not allow anonymous users to read any messages. When I enable the RSS feed and use the user ID of a registered user, anyone seems to be able to retrieve messages through the feed. No authentication seems to take place.

Thanks!
Re: RDF with user authentication produces sql-error [message #33754 is a reply to message #33748] Tue, 19 September 2006 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Because you made RDF/RSS feed come through using a specific user account. If you don't use authentication, then standard process will be used, observing the group permissions system.

As you have it setup right now, no matter who accesses the feed as far as the forum's permissions system is concerned they are the user who's id you've entered in the admin control panel.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: RDF with user authentication produces sql-error [message #33759 is a reply to message #33754] Tue, 19 September 2006 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I'm really looking for is to make the RSS-Feed private by using some kind of authentication in the URL. That would require every user to use a Login/Password combination. It would make it possible to feed only unread messages of the given user through RSS. But as I understand it now, it is only possible to use the specific user id or none.

I found some thoughts about private RSS-feeds:

http://labs.silverorange.com/archives/2003/july/privaterss

[Updated on: Tue, 19 September 2006 15:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RDF with user authentication produces sql-error [message #33790 is a reply to message #33759] Thu, 21 September 2006 22:03 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   United States
Administrator
Core Developer
The forum does not offer it natively, but you can easily add a wrapper to handle use using FUDAPI.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Originally Posted By
Next Topic: Spell-check for 2 languages
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu May 16 12:44:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02934 seconds