FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Login Error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login Error [message #34478] Sat, 04 November 2006 17:22 Go to next message
SyntheticShield is currently offline  SyntheticShield   United States

Hello all.

I downloaded FudForum several months ago, and Im just now getting around to getting it set up. So I got the most recent version and started working on it.

Wonderful package I might add. Very easy to set up and style.

I set up the forum on my test server and got everything as I wanted it in preparation of moving it to my web server. However, before doing that I decided to move the forum within another folder. I got all the global settings changed so everything would work again. I just kinda sloppily set everything up initially not knowing how well the package would work. So once I was happy with it, I decided to move things around to a more intuative arrangement for me. Basicaly I installed the forum into the root directory initially then moved it into a sub folder.

Well everything works as far as the front end goes. But when I try to log in, I get the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/index.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.2 Server at localhost Port 80

The global file is set up correctly pointing to all the correct files and database. I tried to go to the forums/adm/ to login to the back end, but all I get is a blank page.

Anyone have any idea on what I can do to correct this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 November 2006 17:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Login Error [message #34479 is a reply to message #34478] Sat, 04 November 2006 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I thought I would add, that when I look at the address bar of the browser, its not pointing to the correct location, its pointing to the old location of the files. As I mentioned, I double checked the globals file and everything is as it should be there, but I'll keep checking to see what if anything I can find.
Re: Login Error [message #34480 is a reply to message #34478] Sat, 04 November 2006 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Anyone have any ideas, please?

I did find that the under the adm folder, the globals file there was still pointing to the old location, I corrected that and now when I go to forums/adm/ I get the login prompt, but when I try to log in it just goes nowhere and clears the form.

Im not finding anything really relevant using the search hear so I really need help if anyone has any ideas.
Re: Login Error [message #34498 is a reply to message #34480] Sun, 05 November 2006 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Assuming you've already updated the GLOBALS.php file you need to login as admin and rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login Error [message #34509 is a reply to message #34478] Sun, 05 November 2006 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well I had tried that, but I cant seem to login. I get the login prompt, but when I click to login it just reloads the page.
Re: Login Error [message #34531 is a reply to message #34509] Mon, 06 November 2006 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Have you tried logging in via the admin interface by going to the http://forum/url/adm/ ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login Error [message #34546 is a reply to message #34478] Tue, 07 November 2006 00:35 Go to previous message

Yeah, I had tried getting in via the forum/adm way but that was the way that when I entered my login and password it just reloaded the page and cleared the form.

Its no matter no, I just went ahead and reinstalled and rebuilt everything. It wasnt the way I wanted to go but it was the quicker way to get it fixed. Thanks for the help just the same.

Now I just need to work on drawing attention to the forums and getting people to use them...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: A few questions
Next Topic: Can we patch FUDForum to prevent hacking into a site?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:27:38 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02283 seconds