FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » "Bad Words"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
"Bad Words" [message #34721] Wed, 15 November 2006 21:35 Go to next message
bfranck871 is currently offline  bfranck871   United States
Hi,

I have been using your FUD Forum on my personal web site for about 2 months and really like it.

Recently one of my users stumbled across a possible bug.

When someone uses a bad word that is censored by the system, if that person goes back to edit the message to remove the connotation of "bad word" which is what I use to replace bad words, they see the first bad word in the list in the "body" section that they are editing. (which is f#@k)

This is rather odd, and they shouldn't see any bad word, let alone the first one in the list.

Your thoughts?

Brett Franck

Sorry, originally posted this in the wrong forum......

Re: "Bad Words" [message #34730 is a reply to message #34721] Thu, 16 November 2006 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you have the bad words being replaced with the same text? If so then what's happening is that the forum on edit tries to restore the original text, which means that the censored token gets replaced with the first bad word matching the token.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "Bad Words" [message #34734 is a reply to message #34730] Thu, 16 November 2006 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Each bad word that is used in the forum gets replaced by "Bad Word"

If the user goes in and puts the text "Bad Word" in his message, and then after posting the message goes to edit the message, the first word in the list, f..k, gets displayed in the edit body message area. F..k is the first word in my censored bad words list.

Even if the user were to type a different bad word in the message that get's censored by the system, when he goes in to edit the message to remove it, the 'bad word' is now replaced by the REALLY bad word. Smile (The first one in the list)

Brett

Re: "Bad Words" [message #34749 is a reply to message #34734] Fri, 17 November 2006 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That's why when you translate all bad words into "Bad Word" on the translation back it picks the first word on the list.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: "Bad Words" [message #34793 is a reply to message #34749] Fri, 17 November 2006 19:02 Go to previous message
Thanks!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Access Keys and Firefox 2.0
Next Topic: SOLVED: & and stuff in last message
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:41:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02939 seconds