FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Failure in db.inc line 16
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Failure in db.inc line 16 [message #34743] Thu, 16 November 2006 22:22 Go to next message
Dragondark is currently offline  Dragondark   United States
Ok, first off, I really don't know PHP so treat me with NOOb Status.

FF is running fine, and so is hmailserver. I can mail from FF to hmailserver fine. When I tried to mail to the forum I ran into problems, nothing would show up. I began by testing my pipe, and sucessfully pipe incoming messages to another php program that places it in a test file. That seems to be working fine. When I ran maillist.php from Windows CMD to test it I recieved:

PHP Fatal Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\...\db.inc on line 16

Line 16 reads:

$conn = $connect_func ($GLOBALS.........

Anyone run into this before or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob
Re: Failure in db.inc line 16 [message #34756 is a reply to message #34743] Fri, 17 November 2006 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The error means that you don't have mysql support enabled in your PHP. You need to modify your php.ini and make sure that mysql.dll or php_mysql.dll is being loaded. You may need to restart the web server program to have the changes take effect.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failure in db.inc line 16 [message #34761 is a reply to message #34756] Fri, 17 November 2006 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I made the changes in php.ini and now the script doesn't throw errors.

Next question, is there a way to create dummy messages for the script to run and see if they process? I would like to run the maillist function alone to make sure it gets the messages from the right (default) place and places them into the forum. I think it's supposed to pull the info from php://sdtin, but have no clue how this really works. Google wasn't much help for a clarification.

Simple for simple minded would be great. Thanks again.
ROb
Re: Failure in db.inc line 16 [message #34787 is a reply to message #34761] Fri, 17 November 2006 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can save a message from your e-mail client as a text file and pipe it to the import script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failure in db.inc line 16 [message #34882 is a reply to message #34787] Wed, 22 November 2006 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so here's what i got so far. I have script that pipes email messages in text format from my mailserver to a file called 'output.text'. It's doing fine, I can open and see the emails hitting the file. Next I use another script to pipe to the maillist.php, but still nothing gets to the forum. The script I'm using to test the pipe to the forum is:

<?php
$pipe = popen("php maillist.php 1", "w");
fwrite($pipe, file_get_contents("C:\\temp\\output.txt"));
pclose ($pipe);
?>

The file is located in c:\temp

Does this look about right?

Thanks again!!!
Rob
Re: Failure in db.inc line 16 [message #34894 is a reply to message #34882] Wed, 22 November 2006 15:19 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
That looks about right.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Question About Adding Users From A Mailing List
Next Topic: IP filter
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat May 04 08:12:35 GMT 2024