FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Show all groups a user belongs to
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Show all groups a user belongs to [message #34951] Mon, 27 November 2006 06:25 Go to next message
Ernesto is currently offline  Ernesto   Sweden
I can see what users belongs to a group, but you cannot check the other way around, which creates problems on a forum like mine where many parts are private and you have to keep track of what groups the users belongs to.

What would the SQL syntax be to grab all the groups a user is registered to?

And would it be possible to add a list, or at least a button to list all the groups a user belongs to in the user manager, just like you can list all the forums a moderator can moderate.

Re: Show all groups a user belongs to [message #34959 is a reply to message #34951] Mon, 27 November 2006 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You can get this list by running a query on the group_members tables using the user_id as the search key.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Show all groups a user belongs to [message #34964 is a reply to message #34951] Tue, 28 November 2006 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, but I was more requesting this as an additional feature for FUDforum. I see no reason what so ever to NOT add an ability for the Admin to see what groups a User belongs to in the User manager (Or a popup link). I can always get it done myself, but you see, the more I tweak and add utilities that dont get added to the core - utilities that I feel are more or less essential for a successful board administration - the harder it gets for me each time I try to upgrade. I pushed my first upgrade over two years because of this, now I spent over a week full time (40~) hours to put stuff back into 2.7.6 (And update the Theme), so you have to understand that I rather request for things that I feel all other forum users (admins) will benefit from as well, instead of just simply adding to my own workload, where the fix itself is not very time consuming, but they all add up, they add up alot =)

Re: Show all groups a user belongs to [message #34965 is a reply to message #34951] Tue, 28 November 2006 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now, please don't missunderstand me and assume I am DEMANDING you to do anything, I am just explaining WHY I want a function like this in the forum =)

I love this forum software, it's the best I have worked with, so I figure I could at least TRY to help a little with a suggestion here and there to make it even better =)

Re: Show all groups a user belongs to [message #34971 is a reply to message #34965] Tue, 28 November 2006 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The user manager admin control panel now shows the group memberships of a given user.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Show all groups a user belongs to [message #34976 is a reply to message #34951] Wed, 29 November 2006 08:51 Go to previous message
If you don't mind male bonding, I swear I will kiss you on the mouth if I ever meet you.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Rate Topic
Next Topic: Fast way to eliminate message board spam
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:32:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02287 seconds